Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • firstonetv – how is that not dodgy
  • leffeboy

So, my go to site for watching the beeb now is firstonetv.eu (I’m not in the UK). What I can’t work out is how they get off with it. As far as I can see the company is registered in Germany, their servers are in France and any ads are usually from large well known companies e.g. car companies rather than the usual shady nonsense.

So, how do they get off with it? I can’t find any of the usual indicators that they are dodgy and they’ve been around for at least a year now, But given that the BBC are reluctant to make content available outside of the UK and they aren’t using the usual antenna farm trick I can’t see how they get off with it. I’m not a fan of using dodgy sites but I can’t see what the catch is here

Anyone know anything about them? The quality of streaming is fantastic

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I too have used a third-party TV streaming app, to get the footy.

The only explanation I can think of is:

1. It’s technically simple to capture and stream geographically-restricted content.

2. Because the server is in another jurisdiction, the content owners are fairly powerless to do anything about it.

leffeboy

2. Because the server is in another jurisdiction, the content owners are fairly powerless to do anything about it.

within the eu it should be very easy for them. If the servers had been in Russia or China it might be a little different. It also doesn’t appear to be in one if the ‘hardened’ dodgy server farms so I really don’t ger how they get off with it. They also do appear to respond to take down notices e.g. For Canal+

No complaints though as it does mean I can get to watch Sherlock. Not sure I can be arsed though after last week

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘firstonetv – how is that not dodgy’ is closed to new replies.