Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • First Xmas party in new job – not sure what to expect!
  • 40mpg

Just received the following email:

Dear All,

We obviously want you all to have a great time on Saturday and I am sure you all will, but just a gentle reminder to you all that it is an <company name> Xmas party and you are therefore seen as a representative of the company and as such we do expect your behaviour to reflect this.

Kind regards,

HR

Now, I’ve only been here 3 months and already had a fairly raucous night out with clients involving lots of drink, bars, night clubs and ‘dancing ladies’.

Given that the ‘security’ side of the company are also attending I imagine there will be some interesting characters there. Now having received this email, I’m wondering just what may be in store.

Perhaps I’ll take it easy, and just watch from the sidelines a bit to be safe! And perhaps I won’t tell 20mpg (my better half – see what I did there?) my suspicions as to the type of event as she’s coming too.

antigee

think that means no fighting

ThePinkster

Just stay away from the photocopier and everything should be alright.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’d be inclined to not drink much for this first one. Actually, to be totally honest, I rarely drink at work functions as I’ve seen some fairly career destroying things at some of them and although violence, abuse etc is either in you or not, I prefer to keep my career destruction for sober hours

trail_rat
    Free Member

Basically dont get caught 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So your other half is coming to a party where people will tell stories of how you had more ‘Dancing ladies’ than the rest of them put together.

I assume hrs email is to remind people to tone it down a bit until you make an after party and not to use company plastic

2tyred

Its only December 5 – can we please keep the workplace-Christmas-party tales thread until later in the month?

It is a highlight of the festive season build-up, please lets not spoil it by jumping the gun.

Kind regards,

HR

patriotpro
    Free Member

Keep calm and carry on. Just be yourself and keep your wits about you.

Book your taxi for a set time and go when you taxi arrives, even pay up front as an incentive.

Just don’t forget to enjoy it. After all IT’S CHRISTMAS!

Sui
    Free Member

I used the office xmas party to “out” the MD’s affair with the secretary – twas very very very drunk at the time and in fairness it was an unknown known… i just made it public. was woken up in the morning* after with mates telling me to hurry up and get in the car – was off to the Alps riding – i slpet most of the journey..

didn’t loose my job, but didn’t get very far either..

*after falling asleep in the garden with my dog for company..

40mpg

We’re all staying at the hotel where the bash is, so no excuse to slope off early (especially as the mrs is there!)

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tbh from what ive seen at some partys ive been to , hr can be the worst of the lot.

warton
    Free Member

Thats just a stock email to be honest, we get one every year, although when they put on a free bar, and the bar staff let you ‘borrow’ bottles of sambuca, I don’t really see what they can expect other than carnage

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘First Xmas party in new job – not sure what to expect!’ is closed to new replies.