Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • #First world problems
  • jekkyl

Our tupperware cupboard is a nightmare, honestly whenever I go in there plastic boxes and lids come tumbling down around my ears like an episode of ‘some mother’s do ‘ave em.’ If only I could find the time to sort it out but I’m too busy in these awesome light evenings riding my bike!

Bregante

Thanks for posting

piemonster

I don’t go in ours anymore other than to shove more Tupperware in.

If she wants ridiculous amounts if the stuff, fine. But she need to manage it.

tomhoward

Went food shopping last night, they didn’t have any pappardelle pasta. Had to make do with tagliatelle 🙁

samuri
    Free Member

I think the deep drawers that were posted on the Granite thread yesterday are the way forwards. Wife gets new kitchen, you get control over tupperware, kitchen fitter makes money.

samuri
    Free Member

Oh, and… I’ve cycled into work all year. Right through the snow and the wind and the rain. I don’t ask for much for doing this but what I do ask for is priority for the showers when it gets nice and every Joe Bloggs turns up and creates a queue for the showers.

These people also have a startling lack of knowledge about changing room etiquette too. I had to throw three shower gel bottles in the bin this morning.

lucien

Buy a bigger Tupperware box to put the smaller one in……simples

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

my issues is ever so slightly lids and bottoms from different manufacturers not fitting.

retro83
    Free Member

the batteries on my PS3 Dual Shock 3 controller ran out, so I had to use the Sixaxis 🙁

unklehomered
    Free Member

As above, just open the door very slowly, throw-tupperware-in-close-door. Later deny all knowledge.

DrP

I get frustrated at ‘waterproof’ tupperware NOT actually being waterproof…
    However, the good stuff from Asda seems to hold the juice in no probs, so I think this thread has inspired me to have a ‘naff tupperware cull’ tonight.

Thanks.

DrP

onehundredthidiot

My usually reliable Bodum presse coffee mug popped it’s lid on my ride in this morning. 15 miles with tepid coffee dribbling down my leg was not a lot of fun (couldn’t stop as I had a tailwind and it’s a strava segment). You get strange look sstepping into teh shower cubicle with cycling kit still on.

MoreCashThanDash

Much sympathy with the OP. My riding bottles are forced to cohabit with the Tupperware…..

And why would ANYONE put Tupperware or drinks bottles away without attaching the lids?

“I’ll just grab a bottle and get out for. A quick ride”

CRASH! CLATTER!

“Damn! Why haven’t any lids fallen out?”

danielgroves
    Free Member

As above, just open the door very slowly, throw-tupperware-in-close-door. Later deny all knowledge.

This is a daily activity for me. I’d rather buy lunch then have to enter that cupboard to get something out to put something homemade in.

More to the point though, where was the posty yesterday with my shinies? I want the new bike bits!

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have two sections for mine
    Bottom – the one with lids
    Top random tubs with lids that dont fit
    Why do I keep the top bit?

molgrips
    Free Member

We store lids in one drawer and boxes in the other. We have about twice as many lids as boxes. Wtf?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

the ratio of lids to boxes keep changing in our cupboard, how does that happen?

binners

A group of forumites discussing problems, and of course solutions, earlier….

Mister-P
    Free Member

Tupperware? You lot are posh. I just have a stash of plastic takeaway boxes.

footflaps

I regularly ‘secretly’ bin loads of our plastic tub collection, as it seems to endlessly expand and they rarely get used…

scaredypants

(couldn’t stop as I had a tailwind and it’s a strava segment)

You got it though, yeah ? 😆

willard

We have customers in the office today and it’s not possible to ge to the nice coffee machine. So I had to have a drink from the not so nice coffee machine.

No foamy milk for me today.

Mister-P
    Free Member

We do have a large carrier bag stuffed full of carrier bags that are kept “just in case”. It seems to have taken on a life of it’s own and is expanding at a ridiculous rate.

jekkyl

I can’t afford the clarks sandals I want that cost £60 odd quid for the 2 summer holidays we’re having this year.

passiflora86
    Free Member

Trains that split and go to two places. Can guarantee I’m sat in the wrong end with a sandwich (having painstakingly shoved backpack on overhead rail) when tannoy comes on. 😈

D0NK

…but what I do ask for is priority for the showers when it gets nice and every Joe Bloggs turns up and creates a queue for the showers….

do what I do, take the long route in doing the fun extra bit, turn up late for work when the queue has died down, if the boss moans patiently explain you’d have queueing for the shower anyway (and while we’re discussing it hows about some better facilites?)

our tupperware cupboard also has all the kids bowls and plates, proper plastic avalanche territory

Stoner
    Free Member

Tupperware? Oh how the heated other half live!

Ice cream tubs in casa del Stoner. Keep the labels on so you know that the Banoffee Moccachino Swirl lid, doesnt fit on the Cherry Sunburst Classic bottom. Easy.

PS – I also found out yesterday that I am ”A perfect novel”. Now available in a reprint.

onehundredthidiot

Oh yeah ScaredyP. I nailed it with GNaaRRR, totally railed the roundabouts. Helps that the segment ends inside the building I work in.

soundninjauk

We do have a large carrier bag stuffed full of carrier bags that are kept “just in case”. It seems to have taken on a life of it’s own and is expanding at a ridiculous rate.

We had one of those, it had eventually taken over an entire (quite large) cupboard. It almost felt wrong clearing them out, what if we need that exact one instead of all the others that are every so slightly different?

jekkyl

I tend to think that every house has an expanding bag of bags…. along with a small travel suitcase stuffed with little bars of soap in wrappers and little bottles of shampoo/conditioner/body lotion.

Everytime we stay in a hotel or B&B type place the wife insists on taking them home even though when we go away we usually stay at a place with free little toiletries….. AND when we do go self catering we take little bottles of our favourites that we bought at the supermarket. I sometimes think all women are a little bid mad. Apart from the ones that cycle and read this forum of course 😀

hammerite
    Free Member

Like MoreCashThanDash my bike bottles were kept in the tupperware and non branded/chinese takeaway plastic tub cupboard. It was a nightmare.

We’ve just had a new kitchen fitted so for the last month all my bike bottles have been kept in a big Ikea bag for life in the spare bedroom. This solution worked much better than when sharing the cupboard.

xcwanabe
    Free Member

“we” have a draw for “tuppaware” lids sit in a box, annoyingly a box of the most useful size.

I luckily have a cupboard just for bottles,juice/gels/energy powder. stacking the bottles/lids on one side and juices etc the other. This used to work very well until Mrs xcwanabe started riding more and using more sports bottles, all of a sudden the bottles now need to lie down in a specially purchased tuppaware box all of their own.
    Still not sure why but who am I to question.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘#First world problems’ is closed to new replies.