Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • First world niche problems: what beard trimmer?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Recently de-bearded and will be regrowing. However, want to maintain a nice length with ease.

Talk to me about your beard trimmer experience.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Wahl pet trimmer, AA, £15 with accessories.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Wahl pet trimmer, AA, £15 with accessories.

A pet?

Cougar

STW, earlier today: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cordless-hair-clippers

Shall I close this as duplicate or do you require something different for what’s on that thread?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

MTFU

lunge

A quick Google reveals I have a “Remington MB4045 Beard Kit”, it has kept my chops reasonably neat for the last year or 2 and holds charge very well. £34 on Amazon at the moment so won’t break the bank either.

stevextc
    Free Member

Ha ha… truly first world as in the developing world you pay someone to trim your beard 😀

More seriously though I think it depends how “pubelike” your beard is…
    If its relatively straight a beard trimmer on a electric razor is OK… (and has an electric razor chucked in for free)

I recently got a wet and dry Phillips re-chargable off Amazon for I think £30…. replacing the decades old one as the batteries had died…
    (and it would cost more than £30 to replace the batteries)

I also found that in my dotage and with white starting to dominate my beard was curlier so it’s not as good as 2 decades ago when I bought the last one.

funkmasterp

Full beard? What length? If yes and long I’d recommend trimming with some good scissors and a monthly or bi-monthly visit to a good barber who has experience with beards. That’s what I do with mine. I find trimmers a bit unpredictable on a long beard but YMMV. If short, any trimmer with decent blades and guide will do the job.

juanghia
    Free Member

+1 for the Wahl pet trimmer thing, cheap as chips corded version

I gave up my Proper Beard a few years ago now (because lets face it, every dickhead has got one these days) now I just leave the guard off and give myself an allover grade 0.

Saves shit loads of time

wrecker
    Free Member

Avoid Braun. Mixed experiences with Wahl; a posh lithium went back under warranty, and the replacement pinches/rips hair out a bit. The cheap Wahl non-lithium alternative I bought as a temporary measure is actually pretty good. None of the battery operated ones are ideal IMHO, a corded one is preferable if you have a socket in the bathroom. The wall peanut looks as good as anything, but they aren’t easy to come by.

matthew_h
    Free Member

After trying various other types, I now use one of these and it is definitely the best one I have had.

https://www.shavers.co.uk/panasonic-er-gb40-a511-milano-blue-beard-trimmer.html?utm_source=google_shopping&145=27&gclid=CP6-u-Kx_NICFU8o0wodwuoNqQ

epicyclo

Real men use a bunsen burner.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Real men use a bunsen burner.

Pffft

epicyclo

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Pffft

Wow she’s hot!

But the OP said trim, not a full body Brazilian. 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Shall I close this as duplicate or do you require something different for what’s on that thread?

Saw that Cougar. I think I require something different, mainly because beard trimmers tend to be a bit tougher (or so marketing has it).

Full beard? What length? If yes and long I’d recommend trimming with some good scissors and a monthly or bi-monthly visit to a good barber who has experience with beards. That’s what I do with mine. I find trimmers a bit unpredictable on a long beard but YMMV. If short, any trimmer with decent blades and guide will do the job.

It was, but I’m going back to a low maintenance short thing. Mainly because I can’t be bothered to wet shave or maintain a full beard.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I have a beard guy, every six weeks I pop in for a beard trim and shape…

(just realised what i wrote, hangs head in shame)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Pffft

That gif is making me think of the morning after a particularly good curry. 😕

funkmasterp

I have a beard guy, every six weeks I pop in for a beard trim and shape…

(just realised what i wrote, hangs head in shame)

I’m with you. I hide my shame behind the beard though 😐

CaptainSlow

I have something like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BaByliss-Men-7810U-Beard-Trimmer/dp/B005CNVDSI/ref=sr_1_7_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1490977111&sr=8-7&keywords=babyliss+beard+trimmer

Good when short or doing fiddly bits. But I don’t like it too short so use this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007520KCE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can also do my hair with it as well.

As per the earlier recommendation, find a good barber. I only use mine for in between visits. When my beard was longer my barber was the only one to cut it as it needed scissors.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘First world niche problems: what beard trimmer?’ is closed to new replies.