Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • first world ethical conumdrum
  • funkhouser
    Free Member

me and a mate both work in London and travel from manc. he gets free travel i have to provide my own. for whatever reason his pass is valid for two people. so wherever possible we go together and i get his spare seat.

however, for the privilege he expects me to pay for the taxi’s to and from Mcr Picc on Mon morning/Thurs afty. which is £50. so even though im still saving loads, he travels completely free. i go along with it because of the saving but its bugging the hell out of me, i cant decide if its me or him being the tight barsteward, but i would definitely offer to pay half the taxi fare if the roles reversed.

in my eyes we do each other a favour, as he would have to pay full whack for the taxis without me?

Houns

You’re being tight imo. You’re still saving money

binners

Suck it up you tight-arse! He’s doing you a favour and saving you a fortune. And you’re moaning about it?!

What exactly are you wanting out of this arrangement Susan? Carrying to the station on a Sudan Chair? 🙄

Anything else you’d like, sweetheart?

onandon
    Free Member

You’re tight.

How much more out of pocket would you be if you covered the total travel cost?

avdave2

Are you for real! You save more than he does and yet this isn’t enough for you. He may be your mate but you certainly aren’t his.

david47
    Free Member

Expects ? what a ****, however you should offer…

the-muffin-man

You’re being the tight barsteward.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Why does it bug you? He travels for free as that’s the deal he gets, you get a return for 50 quid which saves you 200 notes. I think if you don’t start to address these issues in yourself you’ll end up a very unhappy person.

tonyf1
    Free Member

If it bugs you so much get him to pay half the taxi and buy your own train ticket. You’ll still be saving but teaching him a lesson at the same time 😀

the-muffin-man

Or you could negotiate free train travel with your employer and then go halves on the taxi fair!

nickjb
    Free Member

I can see the other side. Your mate is effectively asking you to pay for something he gets free. Yes you are benefiting but it’s hardly a mate-like deal. If you get something for free you pass it on for free.

funkhouser
    Free Member

haha, ok its me, noted! 😀

id never walk away from the arrangement or owt, just a little back & forth we have in the taxi. if i was provifding the free travel, id still pay half to the taxi.

funkhouser
    Free Member

phew, cheers nick.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Can’t either of you claim the taxi fare back on expenses?

Anyway if its bugging you that much make your own way to the station and pay your own train fair. That’ll teach him. 🙂

if i was provifding the free travel, id still pay half to the taxi.

Me to but your mate must be more profit orientated than you.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’m baffled as to why he gets two seats.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

If you had anything about you, you get a proper bloody Northern Job instead 😀

binners

I’m baffled as to why he gets two seats.

Has he recently lost an awful lot of weight? Or ended an illicit affair?

He isn’t expecting anything more … ahem… ‘physical’ in return, in those lonely nights in a hotel room, miles away from home, is he? 😉

neilwheel
    Free Member

I’m on the split the cab fare and then a few pints, pies, tyres, whatevers, are offered as a thank you.

Maybe you are a tight wad, OP?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘first world ethical conumdrum’ is closed to new replies.