Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • first time trial tonight
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Well it took a bit of time to actually get around to it, but just did my first TT. Was making decent power but got passed by about five guys in the ten miles, thought there must be some seriously quick guys racing. Finished in 33 minutes, I’m quicker than that when I’m out for a pootle! Quick bike inspection at the end and I had a seriously rubbing back brake. Had swapped the usual back wheel for a different one before the TT and not adjusted the brakes. Absolutely gutted 🙁

paulmgreen
    Free Member

Did you not feel it ????

mrblobby
    Free Member

Well I thought something wasn’t right and I did consider stopping but it’s a short TT and very windy so it was a bit of a dilemma.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tpbiker
    Free Member

did the same thing at ten under the ben last year. It was 30 degrees plus heat and my first lap ruined me. I assumed it was the heat, but after I finished I noticed that when I spun the back wheel it turned about half a revolution due to brake rub. Felt like a right chump…

Good news is you’ll be faster next time!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yup, same here, about a half a revolution and it jams to a stop. Reckon it probably cost me a good 6 minutes 🙁 Shall definitely be giving the wheels a spin on the start line next time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘first time trial tonight’ is closed to new replies.