Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • First time to the Alps, what should I take
  • Bewilderedsassanack

We are flying Easyjet to Geneva with bikes on Saturday. This was advice we got from EJ: 32kg for bike PLUS 20kg hold luggage. Email below

2nd May 2012

Thank you for choosing us for your travels plans.

I confirm that each passenger is entitled to carry 32 kg of weight allowance for bicycle in bicycle box without any excess weight fee. They can also carry 20 kg (per passenger) of weight allowance for hold bag.

Please ensure that the combined weight of hold and bicycle is not more than 50 kg (per passenger).

To know more details on carriage of bicycles, please click on the link below:

http://easyjet.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4040

I wish you a pleasant flight.

Regards,

Prabhleen
    easyJet Customer Services

MattF

Ts and Cs on EasyJet website support what coolhandluke says so I’d be wary of that advice Bewildered. 32 kg for everything combined.

ianv
    Free Member

Anti inflammatories and paracetamol are available over the counter in France now. I had to buy some today 😐

Crag
    Free Member
    MattF

Hmmmm…condradictory info here:

http://www.easyjet.com/en/sports_equipment.html

Payment of the sports equipment fee increases your total allowance by 12 kg to 32 kg.

therag
    Free Member

Some great advice here.
    Do you need to take e111 card or any other forms apart from passport and insurance?

Bewilderedsassanack

Just back from week at Les Arcs. Paid the sports supplement with EJ so got 20kg for hold luggage AND 32kg for bike and bag, exactly as advertised.

Zero problems at either Edinburgh or Geneva airports with EJ, even with my enormous hard case box.

There were 18 bikes on the plane to Geneva (16 roadies)….took some major reorganising to fit us all on.

gsp1984
    Free Member

I recommend taking something to do when it rains if going to the portes du soliel area… Utter bog fest

hora
    Free Member

Take alot of condoms. 12 pack should do.

mugsys_m8

vehicle registation papers

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

gsp1984 – “I recommend taking something to do when it rains if going to the portes du soliel area… Utter bog fest”

Good idea, I’ll take my bike so I can ride it while you’re window licking. Twonk.

tinsy
    Free Member

Mud Tyres… Can save a days riding and make it enjoyable rather than just survive.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘First time to the Alps, what should I take’ is closed to new replies.