Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First time riding a BMX at the park in 10 years yesterday..
  • xiphon
    Free Member

…. and I’ve rekindled my love of 20″ wheeled bikes.

Discovered I can still do tyre-taps, abubacas, nose picks, nose wheelies, peg stalls, various grinds, etc…. I guess some things you learn, you never forget?

I’ll be going for another evening session when I get home from work….and whenever we have dry weather.

That is all.

racefaceec90

wish i could do all that.my bike handling skills are crap 🙁 cannot even wheelie/bunnyhop 😳 but i plan to learn at 36 😉

GW
    Free Member

xiphon – you on a 10yr old bike too?

bikebouy
    Free Member

xiphon, you’re a 10yr old right?

big_scot_nanny

last time i was on a BMX i took three pedal sptrokes and promtply OTB’d in spectacular style. Handed it immediately back to the owner and climbed back abord the safety of my mahoosive 29er. 😳

xiphon, top to know you ahven’t lost it. Good work fella!

Recently found that a few years ago with skiing after an 8 year injury forced abscence. Glorious to rediscover.

Kev

JPcapel
    Free Member

Had a bmx on loan come into my hands recently, rode it round outside feeling the love, but cant seem to adjust from 26″ wheels back down to 20″ wheels. Feels like all tricks I am over cooking, fair play for adjusting so well and quickly.
    I am grateful my local skate park is currently closed and being re-done by local council, otherwise suspect would be sad old git down there sessioning and trying to get the flow back.

The steep head angle makes them feel super quick steering, am keen to see how scary that translates into landings from big air. They do look lovely, I fancy a “We the people” bmx on the back of getting this one on loan (Haro).
    http://www.wethepeoplebmx.de/master-series/versus

xiphon
    Free Member

Last BMX I had was a Diamondback Mr. Lucky (yr 2000 model) in dark blue.

Geo was more dirt orientated, but it was great fun around the local skatepark with some pegs.

Now I have a Haro 300.3 – the only bike I could find with 2 brakes!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First time riding a BMX at the park in 10 years yesterday..’ is closed to new replies.