Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • First time back on a bike today after a near three year break…..
  • sootyandjim
    Free Member

……and I’ve realised just how much I’ve missed it.

Nothing particularly technical nor exciting compared to riding I used to do but my little loop from Nottingham city centre out towards Beeston on the Trent Navigation and back along the River Trent itself really did the trick.

Its been too long but I must avoid the urge to hit slightly more technical trails too hard and fast, lest I suffer a repeat of the injury that caused my break for the bike in the first place.

nols
    Free Member

good for you dude…

galactus
    Free Member

Sweet 😀
    I agree,taking it slow is the answer.

rOcKeTdOg

Good to have you back, keep it up

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Nice one!

Enjoy.

hugor
    Free Member

I know what its like coming back after big injuries.
    I’ve had 3 big ones myself all requiring surgery and long periods off the bike.
    I agree with others above take it easy and work through the mental games.
    Good luck.

pitduck
    Free Member

welcome home 😀

binners

Welcome back aboard. I take it you went straight to pub afterwards to toast your return 🙂

slowrider
    Free Member

welcome back!

do you know hemlock at all? there some fun stuff to build your confidence back up if you want some showing around

sootyandjim
    Free Member

I take it you went straight to pub afterwards to toast your return

I popped into the Trent Navigation and had a pint of Thieving Rogue, brewed just next door by Magpie Brewery. Apparently it is isotonic….

do you know hemlock at all? there some fun stuff to build your confidence back up if you want some showing around

Opposite side of the road from Hemlock Stone/Bramcote Park? I might take you up on a meet if you fancy riding up there sometime.

DickBarton

Strangely enough I was thinking about you a few days ago…I think I read a thread that mentioned some very old user names and I recalled not seeing your name and then not seeing you post regularly like you used to…well back!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Jeez- that’s a PROPER break. Welcome back. Start easy!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Jeez- that’s a PROPER break.

Knackered my back messing about on dinky bikes at a BMX track (don’t give the triple ‘one more go’ is my advice). I was unable to walk for three months, then couldn’t walk unaided for a further four months and didn’t start rehab proper until after this.

My work were, understandably, less than impressed. When I got back to work it was made clear that if I injured myself again MTBing that it would likely lead to dismissal (though not in such direct terms) and as if to fire it home, I was ‘promoted’ to running the night shift, which left me too knackered to do much riding anyhow.

I ended up quitting, went back into full-time eduction in order to prepare me for going to university to do a nursing course (which I am currently doing) and during that time got back into playing ice hockey, so MTBing sort of slipped my mind.

slowrider
    Free Member

thats the one, just give me a shout

emac65
    Free Member

Enough about you,what’s Sooty up to now……..

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Enough about you,what’s Sooty up to now……..

Spends most of his time in my daughter’s room now. Bloody user, he has found someone else….

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘First time back on a bike today after a near three year break…..’ is closed to new replies.