Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • First time at Wimbledon- advice , tips , alcohol etc.
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Got a seat on Centre Court today. I’ve heard one can take snacks and drinks with. Never seen anyone on tele raise a tin of Stella. What is the status quo? Have drinks on grounds and then go sit down. My friend I’m going with wants to take a bottle of Champagne.
    Any tips , advice , ideas and do’s and don’ts welcome.

sputnik
    Free Member

I know I should have asked a week ago Stoner, too late to order one now!

nickjb
    Free Member

Don’t spend all day in centre court. In the early rounds there are some top players on the outer courts and you can get much closer to the action. Well worth wandering around.

Booze rules here: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/atoz/conditions_of_entry.html

ALCOHOL AND REFRESHMENTS
    Alcohol may be brought into the Grounds but is limited to the equivalent of one bottle of wine or two 500ml cans of beer per person. The consumption of alcohol is permitted only in public bars and other authorised areas. Glass drinking vessels may not be used on the Show Courts; all drinks taken onto the Show Courts must be covered to avoid spillage. Hot and/or strong smelling food may not be taken onto the Show Courts. The AELTC reserves the right to refuse entry to the stands of any court to anyone carrying alcohol and to ask anyone drinking alcohol in the stands to leave.

allthepies
    Free Member

They keep the riff-raff out.

bombjack
    Free Member

As above, no probs with small drinks being taken in, worst case scenario is decant into a drinks bottle (Im not an alcoholic by the way…) however last year I wasn’t even asked for my ticket at the entrance, let alone have my bag searched.
    Beware of the cost of booze once your in, my wife developed a taste for the champagne cocktails. Not good at £15 a pop.
    BJ

binners

Alcohol may be brought into the Grounds but is limited to the equivalent of one bottle of wine or two 500ml cans of beer per person.

The practical solution to your dilemma….

I’m assuming we’re already taking the Engerland footy top as read?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

What is the status quo?

‘an English rock band whose music is characterized by their distinctive brand of boogie rock’
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Status_Quo_(band)
    You’re welcome

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

similar too cricket . Take the strongest bottle of wine you can, inject vodka into oranges , hide beer in a rucksack under loads of tampons so the guy checking the bag gets all flustered . See it as part of the experience.

its brilliant wimbledon. have a great time

curiousyellow
    Free Member

– Pimms in a thermos.
    – Wet wipes.
    – Massive sandwiches that won’t go soggy and snacks.
    – Hat
    – Wear something comfortable.

Grab a print out of the order of play and see which outside courts have decent players on them.

perchypanther
    Free Member

First time at Wimbledon- advice , tips , alcohol etc.

Wear white, Serve fast, Dominate the baseline, Avoid alcohol – it’ll slow down your reactions for returning service – Stick to the barley water. 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘First time at Wimbledon- advice , tips , alcohol etc.’ is closed to new replies.