Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • First time at Gisburn today…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Can’t believe I never tried it before as it’s only 65 miles door to door and have to say it was excellent. Not sure what I was expecting, though it was much better than I expected. Some of the black (and some red) sections were great fun. Surely some scope for bypassing some more fireroad too.

stumpyjon

Surely some scope for bypassing some more fireroad too.

That’s what we’re doing tomorrow (Volunteer dig day)! We finished building a 500m section of trail in January which took out about a mile of fireroad. We’re working on another section to bypass about 500m of downhill fireroad with a cracking 1 km section including a very nicely pumpy flowy section that we’re building right now.

The long term plans do have a lot more fireroad bypassed as well as a 4 km extension north of the crag.

That’ll all take a lot of money (or time though). At the moment the volunteers build around 1km per year. There’s currently contractors working on repairs on the top loop and the next big investment (when soemone stumps up some cash) is a bigger carpark with toilets and a skills loop plus a bit more singletrack removing even more fireroad. Oh and Cyclejunkies in conjunction with Hope Technologies are building a bit of a freeride section at the moment.

For the latest Gisburn news and other stuff happening in Pennine Lancashire have a look at http://www.pmba.org.uk (and feel free to feedback on the site, it’s still in it’s early days, lot more content to go on).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘First time at Gisburn today…’ is closed to new replies.