Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • First time at Gawton
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

Going to Gawton for the first time Saturday, guessing I’ll start with Proper job and work through to Egypt.

What are the road gaps on SuperTavi like to hit? I’ve wanted the Chantel road gap for 2 years but either snow or injury have always stopped me, thinking that 2nd road gap looks similar… If no one there is hitting it for me to watch can anyone comment on speed required etc? Just pedal flat out or go with trail speed?

jam-bo

I’ve done the first but not the second. The second I’m told is easier but way bigger.

You know there is the big jump line as well?

edit: I should add, some time ago. things have probably changed massively. despite being able to see it from my house I rarely go there now.

riklegge

As jam bo, I’ve hit the first but not the second. Partly because I was there on my own, but mainly because I didn’t dare, I think it’s pretty big. There’s some videos on their website where you can see some pros hit it: http://www.gawtongravityhub.co.uk/freelapleague/freelap.php

I would say if you are there on your own, take care. The lower parts of Super Tavi are pretty steep and rocky, and certainly when I visited there was nobody else there; it could have been a bit rubbish if I’d properly hurt myself.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Burchy1
    Free Member

Gawton is ace.

The second road gap only needs trail speed not pedalling off the woodwork!

Make sure you ride mega tavi as well, it’s not on the website yet but starts just off super tavi before the second road gap on the right. It’s a steep’un.

ferrousandy
    Free Member

The second gap on supertavi is slightly higher but shorter than Chatel, but the landing is more technical. Carry your speed off the 1st gap and you’ll send the second no problem. Egypt and mega tavi are just awesome, proper alpine style riding in the uk

stevede
    Free Member

If you can clear the first road gap on super tavi the second one is way easier. Just looks more intimidating because of the structure that is the take off. I’ve hit it loads of times on my hardtail if that puts you at ease. You’ll have loads of fun at Gawton, I haven’t been since the new stuff has been finished but it looks ace. Hsd and proper job to warm up and get the juices flowing, then super tav, then move on to Egypt. Have fun!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Sounds awesome, so pedal like hell for the 1st road gap?

jam-bo

unless its changed, its all about carrying speed through the first corner.

stevede
    Free Member

You have to carry speed in the left hander then sneak a pedal in as it’s slightly uphill. If not you’ll have to do a giant bunny hop and hope for the best 🙂
    You can case the first one and still get on the pedals and easily make the second one. You’re in for a fun day, gawton is loads of fun.

stevede
    Free Member

Ha ha jam bo beat me to it!

chrishc777
    Free Member

Did it! Cheers all, pedalled like hell in the end and overshot it. Gawton is awesome, even in the wet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘First time at Gawton’ is closed to new replies.