• This topic has 49 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • First Sportive- advice (autumn Skylark around Huddersfield)
  • weeksy

Question- the top of my thighs ache (the muscle not rubbing)- what is this?

Exercise mate…. exercise…

jamesr
    Free Member

As has been noted, most of the climbs are steady rather than steep.
    That said, looking at the map the climb out of Marsden between 50-60k may be quite severe if it’s the one I’m thinking of.
    The wind is the other big factor round here, because it’s so exposed there’s nowhere to hide if it’s blowing a gale.
    I’d say a compact chainset and a 25/28 on the back will be fine.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Paying money to ride on the roads, nah, I just couldn’t explain it to the lad..

Do you always struggle to explain simple concepts to your child?

hora
    Free Member

Hey I get shielded by other riders from the wind for 25? 🙂

hooli

You will be fine, as has been said just keep your pride in check and don’t go chasing after the faster riders at the start.

It is a good way to see somewhere a bit different without having to worry about logistics yourself so relax and enjoy it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Did you die then and end up in roadie heaven?

Bregante

It’s this weekend funkyDunc.

hora
    Free Member

I held off entering as there was plenty of spaces left- there only looks like 11 people in total have entered for all the routes. This is whats put me off. Could it be a glitch on the BC website?

marmaduke
    Free Member

I did the 110 mile Pedal Scotland one and there were loads of fat older men who managed it as their first sportive. I’m sure you’ll be fine.

hora
    Free Member

Joined and paid for the long route in two weeks 😀 http://www.millshills.wordpress.com/routes/

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘First Sportive- advice (autumn Skylark around Huddersfield)’ is closed to new replies.