Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • First ride with the boy (and teddy) this morning………..love it……..!
  • romster
    Free Member

After months of waiting for one reason and another, finally got my boy out on the back of my bike this morning and took in the beautiful country side for a few hours! He absolutely loves it…nearly as much as his daddy! Not be long before we get him on his own bike, but for now i’m happy to settle for this set up! 8)

P.S – bloody cold this morning though!

enfht
    Free Member

Magic!

My boy’s 10 months now so not long ’till I can take him out for a spin 😛

timbur
    Free Member

That’s one cool kid!

yunki
    Free Member

Best thing since sliced bread IMO.
    We’ve been waiting for the correct fittings to arrive.. they’ve been on back order all summer… this is us setting out on a test run on friday evening…

MrOvershoot

He looks proper chuffed, like his dad I bet

Glad to see he has a firm grip on his teddy, very important that 🙂

EDIT Now you see Yunki your sprog would look much happier with a bear to clutch.

bob_summers

cool. how old is he? i’m waiting for a friend who’s a new dad to start bringing the nipper out. 4mths is a bit young though no?!

is that furness abbey btw?

oxnop
    Free Member

Cute kids!

yunki
    Free Member

aracer
    Free Member

Welcome to dadsnet

romster
    Free Member

The teddy goes everywhere with him, in fact i’ve got stw to thank for it because he lost the original and i ended up finding the replacement after posting on here. 🙂 it’s roche abbey actually, not overly bike friendly but if you get up past the waterfall there’s a decent path leading up to open fields and cracking views . . . . . Perfect for me and the boy! 🙂 many more happy riding days to come i predict. Quality. . . .

kaesae
    Free Member

Cool!

theotherjonv

youngest is at a party so I’ve just got back from taking my eldest out for her first ever solo (not on a tagalong) off road outing. She’s so proud to have mud on her legs just like daddy!

monkeychild
    Free Member

My nipper is 14 months, are trailers better or those seats???

Hairychested
    Free Member

Seats, 100%. We’ve used one since our daughter was 6 months old.

aracer
    Free Member

Seats, 100%. We’ve used one since our daughter was 6 months old.

IMHO that’s far too young for a seat – neck muscles not being strong enough to hold their head up with a helmet. Hence one of the reasons we went for a trailer first – also has the advantage of being a lot warmer at this time of year.

romster
    Free Member

You get better interaction with the kids in a seat, although it is limited! Because we were both so excited today, we were singing and pointing things out (like tractors & cows), i’m sure the “entertainment” part will wear off in time and it’ll turn more into an actual ride, suppose time will tell.

The trailer would be better in this weather though, it was really cold this morning and it cut short our planned ride! Although the lad wanted to go on and on, being a responsible parent and all that jazz, I knew when it was time to head off home for a nice warm coffee.

I thought the minimum stated age on one of these seats was 9 months? I’ve wanted one for so long, he’ll be 2 in January and the missus has only just let me get him in one, with you saying 6 months, i feel like i’ve missed out on months and months of riding! 🙁

Oh well, no looking back now…….we’re all rigged up for some more nice Autumn/Winter rides, and as for next summer…….that should be fun too. 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘First ride with the boy (and teddy) this morning………..love it……..!’ is closed to new replies.