• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Kit.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • First ride on my refurbed 5 Spot – Warning v green
  • ken_shields
    Free Member

Went out today round a not very muddy Woburn as a shake down with my freshly refurbed 5 Spot

Rides loovely only need a couple of minor adjustments on the way round

Soz for the rubbish pic from my phone

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup it's green alright

z1ppy

**** right thats green, scarily green. I think I like it.
    What are the rims?

Swayndo
    Free Member

Who did the paintjob Ken? Think I may get my front end done for next year.

Watch those dodgy tyres BTW.

radoggair
    Free Member

the rear triangle being green is a bit overkill for me, otherwise not bad. Not my choice of colour tho and oh, change your tyres, there sh!t

ken_shields
    Free Member

Spank Subrosa rims in Kawasaki Green as is the frame

ken_shields
    Free Member

powder coated at a place down the road from work for £30

found the tyres ok round Woburn today….what's the matter with them?

midlifecrashes

Luvverley!

jonnyvegas
    Free Member
    Swayndo
    Free Member

**** … wish there was a powdercoater in Highland.

robhughes
    Free Member

o no you,ve got MK,s your going to die.
    be prepared for some slaging from the lads on here.

ken_shields
    Free Member

ooooooooooooooh I'm scared now

ken_shields
    Free Member

swayndo….post it down and I'll get it done for you

notlocal
    Free Member

Swayndo, where in the Highlands are you, anywhere near Aberdeen? A guy I ride with used these in Aberdeen for his wifes bike and a few other bits.

grantway
    Free Member

Nice N bright
    But again change tyres there shit

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Great bike and colour ! Just refurbed my 5-spot this year! Ignore comments about the tyres,i love em! just replaced one Mountain King as split a sidewall! But would buy some more in a flash! Great tyres!
    Thanx Max

johnners
    Free Member

found the tyres ok round Woburn today….what's the matter with them?

Apparently nothing then. Or maybe just you're a better rider than everyone who's slagging them off.

tops5
    Free Member

Did you swap to that shock from a Romic Ken? If so any difference in performance?

Can't decide wether to refurb or go new – my spots getting old but I still love it.

+1 for for MK's no problem with mine, maybe we're not "gnarl" enough for it to matter? 😆

ken_shields
    Free Member

It had a Romic on when I bought it but the spring was too feeble to take the weight of my svelte racing torso so changed to a Pushed Fox shock (RP2 IIRC) and then this shock came up and I fancied it. To be honest it doesn't feel massively different to the RP2 but I haven't managed to bottom it out yet.

I updated mine coz I love the way it rides and felt that any newer bikes I tried weren't worth the cost of the new frame over the performance change from this so go for the refurb option…..you know it makes sense

tops5
    Free Member

I know it makes sense Ken – but sense rarely prevails when shiny new stuff is available.

Convinced to refurb and by nice new forks/shock etc now but will change my mind next week……..

tops5
    Free Member

What did bikes did you try BTW?

ken_shields
    Free Member

various treks, spesh's, Orange 5 and various others belonging to friends

tops5
    Free Member

Lappierre or Santa Cruz Blur by any chance – TBH think it will be new 5 Spot if anything.

Dobbo

I'm colour blind, all I can see is a brown fence.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I don't know anyone with a Lappierre but the swingarm on those is sinfully ugly and the only guy I know with a Blur is 8 inches shorter than me so my daughter would be ok testing that but it's a bit wee for me

takisawa2

Needs a brown saddle & grips.
    Would look like a Chocolate Lime then.
    Mmm. Sweets..

Kit
    Free Member

That shows how much better looking the 5 Spots were before they went to the DW link, I reckon. Great looking bikes (or they were).

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘First ride on my refurbed 5 Spot – Warning v green’ is closed to new replies.