Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • First ride of Prince Albert 856 yesterday
  • scotabroad

Its fitted with 130mm Rev coil u turns on the front, minion HR on the front, advantage on the rear. SLX brakes. Most of gear bought of STW classifieds.

I have to say when its pointing downwards I am very impressed, really stable ride, feel like you can hit a lot of the rough stuff at speed with confidence without getting bounced all over the bit. I dont do any big drops but the bike as a whole doesn’t feel as harsh as any hardtail I’ve ridden (as a mere mortal that is).

Its a bit of a lump to climb with but then again I am the wrong side of 18′ so what does that matter 🙂

nickhead
    Free Member

I thought it was 853?

anyway – sounds good, I still love my 1st gen 520 PA, but would love to try the more svelte version… can anyone advise if it’s more compliant than the standard model?

simonside
    Free Member

its a bit of a lump to climb
    Strange… mine positively romps up hills. Fantastic on the downs with a <cough>mm fork on the front too! Or is it because mine`s a 520;)

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

My 520 also climbs well. I have a 1×9 set up and did Glentress red followed by Innerleithen red with no problems at all yesterday.

scotabroad

Maybes its me thats the lump, and yes its an 853 – must take more time whilst writing.

Anyway I think I will be keeping it for a while. 🙂

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Did you have an Alpine before?

scotabroad

Did you have an Alpine before?

Nope, why do you ask?

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

I was reading a review by a Scot now living in Canada and wondered if it was you! was just gonna ask how they compared.

JoeBones
    Free Member

I love my 853, had it 3 years now

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘First ride of Prince Albert 856 yesterday’ is closed to new replies.