Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • first ride of new bike
  • chomp
    Free Member

Managed to take my new bike out this evening for an hour or so. First time on a full sus and have to say I enjoyed every minute of it (once I’d sorted the seat out)

Got one of the Commencal Super 4.2’s form Merlin on offer, after factoring in the cycle to work scheme discount I reckon it will have cost me about £800 for a £1800 bike.

Can’t wait to get out on a proper ride now, hopefully I may get the chance tomorrow evening to get a few more miles in.

I was sceptical about the seat, and considered changing for my Charge Spoon (which my arse is accustomed to now) however the seatpost I’ve got for it isn’t quite long enough to have it at the height I want. After about 5 stops to adjust it I got it right and then didn’t really notice it, which is about the best thing you can say about seats imho.

All in all it’s a lovelly bike, and I would heartily recommend one. Merlin have them at £1299 at the moment I think.

rOcKeTdOg

lovely (but you can take the axle protectors merlin but on in the box off you know!) i really like that

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Looks great.

taka
    Free Member

lol looks stolen with the protectors on it n are them tyres any good? looking at getting some but dont know if they will be any good in the wet or mud?

chomp
    Free Member

good point – shows how much I checked the gears before taking it out 🙂

Tyres seemed ok, but to be honest I wasn’t really hammering it anywhere (as I’ve been off my bike most of the year after an operation). It was nice and dry where I was riding, so that may change in the rain/mud

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Took me a while to get used to FS. It boiled down to better rear end traction everywhere and the ability to sit and thrash the pedals on rough terrain without it shaking your head off and compacting your spine!

takisawa2

Nice. Stealthy black. I like.
    Needs a brown charge spoon.
    And brown grips.

chakaping
    Free Member

Really like that first pic.

Nt friend has one of these, seems a really fast, solid bike.

Taka – My friend left those tyres on all winter and they’ve been surprisingly grippy in sloppy mud.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Nice. Looks almost like a hardtail. 😛

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘first ride of new bike’ is closed to new replies.