Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • First ride at Whinlatter
  • rkearsey
    Free Member

As above, had my first ride today at whinlatter on my hardtail, absolutely loved it, first time riding with my dropper post and it’s made such a difference to my riding, alot more confident on the descents now. Also big thanks to the guys at cyclewise for the advice etc, bought some sealskin socks which are actually unreal. Overall a great place, can’t wait to go back!

righog
    Free Member

I have only been there once but loved it did both sides of the red, really should have done the other tracks blue etc but was trying to keep get back to pick the kids up with a 2 hour drive. Will get back there soon.

I started to put a thin pair of socks under the sealskins and they are a lot warmer.

What bike did you get.

rkearsey
    Free Member

Yeah I loved it, did the north and the blue, amazing day! I got a giant talon 1 29er, absolutely love it!

elaineanne
    Free Member

Yeah whinlatter is great…we always do north and south loops and the blue run…thinkin of goin up there again soon…. 😉

r17anm
    Free Member

I was up there today bit hungover but sorted me out

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Blue should be mandatory (or not I used to like it being quiet..)

bren2709

Done today also.
    Watch out for sheet ice on the section where you thread the trees before joining the flat section of fire road on the North.
    If that makes sense?

Thought there would be more out due to recent dry cold spell.

rkearsey
    Free Member

Bren, that’s where my friend came off today haha, luckily my other mate behind him was filming so we got to watch it again and laugh. I’m surprised how dry it was today though!

bren2709

We’re you in the vw caddy lad was wearing a gopro think chest mount?
    Came off there also ended up doing mixture of forward and backward rolls down hill 😆

rkearsey
    Free Member

Yeah the bright green one? Yeah my friend was the one wearing the gopro! Luckily I stopped in time as my friend was wriggling around on the floor in pain so I stood and laughed

bren2709

Was parked opposite you white Volvo C30 with towbar mount rack.
    That van is Cool, wish I never sold my Caddy.

I’m bit battered and bruised cos of fall. Would love to see the footage of you mate?
    Trails were running really fast, makes a change.

rkearsey
    Free Member

Aw yeah! Haha I’m lucky as it’s my company vehicle as I sell them in carlisle, perfect for biking! Here’s a video from today mate, fall is right at the end!

bren2709

I know who to come and see if I decide to buy another 😉
    If I see it again I will introduce myself.
    Cheers for link..

rkearsey
    Free Member

Haha yeah exactly! Yeah mate please do, if you’re heading over at any point just gimme a shout!

colournoise

Was up there last week.

One of my favourite trail centres. Anyone know when the closed off section of the north loop is due to reopen?

breadcrumb

North is reopen, but the lower half off the South is closed now.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘First ride at Whinlatter’ is closed to new replies.