Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • First ride at Glentress in over a year – How Busy !
  • iainc

Arrived just after 9 this morning, car park filling up. Not much traffic on the red on the way up although a biggish crowd at top of Spooky Wood. A few big 10 plus groups on way up as I was coming down. Got to bottom of red and turned left to do the blue – jeez, busier than I would ever have imagined – small and big groups everywhere. Buzzards Nest packed and great to see lots of kids out too. Good manners seen pretty much all morning, apart from a bit of bargy in the car park at midday when I was packing up as spaces were a premium. Once I split off the red at the bottom of Spooky Wood I had the blue trail completely to myself the whole way back to the bottom though 🙂 Bizarre 8) Great fun 3 hrs though and a pleasant change from soggy natural trails…..but not too often !

lipseal
    Free Member

Aye it was busy last week too, plus it’s not in bad shape considering the amount of traffic it gets.

iainc

yes, trail conditions were pretty good – seemed that they have got rid of some of the braking bumps too !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druidh
    Free Member

Probably a contributory factor. Mind you, I thought that overall traffic would be down since so many people said they were boycotting Glentress once the Hub closed.

imnotverygood

The crowds are probably all the punters waiting to get served.

Northwind

Due to being lazy, I tend to arrive about 12 or 1, and therefore avoid the crowds. But the car parking’s still a problem, they made a right balls of that frankly.

mrplow
    Free Member

In contrast I was up Mugdock sliding all over the place. Was at GT last week and it was ace seeing the mix of people out and hearing tons of whoops from groups all over the place.

Is there enough paying punters etc to expand the trails at GT?

iainc

does it quieten down a fair bit in the afternoon ?

I had been wondering about taking the kids next weekend, but at age 6 and 9 they wouldn’t do great with the amount of trail traffic that was there this am.

iainc

mr plow – after an ace Wed night ride at Mugdock this week, with ‘almost dry mud’ I reckoned today would be a dissappointment, so dug out the full bouncer and drove for an hr and a bit each way to GT. Still not sure if it was worth the extra £15 fuel/parking over Mugdock….but a nice change

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Northwind,if I remember correctly that time we went, your parking encouraged guffaws from all around.

That post straightened right up 😉

mrplow
    Free Member

Iain – At this time of year I find Mugdock best when it is wet to manage my expectations. This morning was good as it was lightly raining and not windy but just enough water to keep the mud from getting mega claggy. Obviously the next “dry” Mugdock day will be 2013, nothing better than getting up there on that day. :mrgreen:

GT is ace all year but leaves a hell of a carbon footprint.

joemev
    Free Member

The place is full for a reason!
    Awesome place, some of my best days riding have been there!

Northwind

cfinnimore – Member

Northwind,if I remember correctly that time we went, your parking encouraged guffaws from all around.

Can’t think what you mean :mrgreen:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘First ride at Glentress in over a year – How Busy !’ is closed to new replies.