Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • First proper ride on a 29er
  • hugor
    Free Member

I suspect when santacruz bring out a 120 or 130 rear travel bike to be run up to 140mm forks I will be forced to take a look.

Why don’t you just look at the current bikes with that amount of travel. SC are fairly late on the 29 scene anyhow.
    I can’t wait to try the new Transition Bandit 29.
    Love the geo and travel.

sambob
    Free Member

Have a look at the Kona Satori and the Niner WFO too.

Dan1502
    Free Member

And the Ibis 29er is due out soon too. I have emailed SC about their view on using the 110-140 fork on the current Tallboy so I might go for that then possibly change frame in future as I would have all the bits to just swap over anyway but there’s also a good chance I’ll stick with what I have. If I was starting again now I’d probably hang on a bit as there are a lot of options around already and about to come out. When I bought mine it was a choice between the RIP 9 and the Tallboy for me and it was a tough choice. I just fancied a carbon frame in the end and got one at a good price.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I got a Niner EMD frame and dt swiss carbon rigid forks last month from the lbs cheap second hand as soon as i get from Greenland im gonna build it up my first 29er a few of my mates have been getting at me for the last year or so to try it and after using my mates swift i can see reason for it where we live (Suffolk) so cant wait its gonna be light and 1×9

khani
    Free Member

Never tried a full suss 29er, but my xcaliber has blown me away tbh..

Metasequoia

Sorry to resurrect this thread but Dan 1502 did the Hans Dampf 2.35 fit in the rear of the Tallboy?

I just ordered some; may have been a mistake, please tell me it fitted. The Ikons on it at the moment are ‘interesting’ at the moment in the mud, very capable but off camber mud in October isn’t really for them!

takisawa2

For what its worth, I run a 2.4 Racing Ralph in the back of my SIR.9. Fits fine.

mattjg
    Free Member

looks nicely proportioned, not every 29er needs the stem inverted, they tend to be designed better these days not just a “big 26” with associated geom like when they first came out

my 29 fits nicely with a flipped slammed stem, and I have 15mm rise in the bars anyway

my 26 has 15mm of spacers, a skyward pointing stem and riser bars

what makes the 26 ‘better’?

Metasequoia

I’ve got a Niner MCR as well definitely more room than the Tallboy- it’s going to be be tight if they turn out to be a big 2.35.., plan B is move them to the MCR

mattjg
    Free Member

2 of my flip stem 29ers, just to make rocketdog have an attack of the vapours

play nice now

rOcKeTdOg

a 29er with a stem the right way round earlier

29Gnar by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

takisawa2

IMAG1019 by pten2106, on Flickr

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘First proper ride on a 29er’ is closed to new replies.