Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • First proper RC off-road cars for children
  • mrbotticelli

Having explored the idea of resurrecting my Tamiya Hornet I’m now trying to decide whether just to get some ‘proper’ RC off-road capable cars for my children.

Have been looking at the 1/18 scale Helion Animus but am concerned it might be to small to run around the grass in the garden/park.

Criteria are; runs OK on rough garden grass, £80 budget per running car, suitable for multiple cars racing in 10m X 15m garden, first cars for 12 year olds, capable of taking some abuse and repairable

Anyone got any recommendations, advice or guidance?

lesgrandepotato

Lunchbox or pumpkin!

stumpy01

My nephew has got a Maverick 1/10 scale stadium truck that sounds ideal, apart from having just looked they can’t be had to £80; more like £125. But, it’s good value & works well.

Like this:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/maverick-strada-mt-1-10-rtr-electric-monster-truck/rc-car-products/405658

I’ve got a Tamiya Neo Fighter which is good, but I find it very understeery & not too good on grass as it sits very low. I should have got a truggy, really.

chomp
    Free Member

Having had my kids badger me for an RC car (or two) for a while I’m almost ready to bite the bullet.

my problem is that they really want to have the option to change the bodies, and finding any that are in budget is proving tricky to say the least.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘First proper RC off-road cars for children’ is closed to new replies.