Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • First night ride of the season tonight….(and lost gloves at Swinley)
  • Notter
    Free Member

Well, dusk ride as I managed to slope off from work early. hit the Swinley trails at 5:00 for a couple of hours.

Light combo of the first generation on-one (SSC P7 I think!) lights and the Tesco's special from last winter on the lid. Despite having bought the lights last year this was the first use of them, my only previous night riding having been with 10w Halogens!! Perfect amount of light in my opinion and the torch as the spot is a revelation. The mode switching on the on-one light isn't that much of a pain, after all once it's dark you only flick it onto high once.

All in, the trails are in great condition, damp hard packed with only a few soggy bits on the fireroads.

To sum up, night riding is ace, whatever lights you have, and i'm in it for the long haul this winter….

PS I think I managed to drive off with my gloves still on the roof of my car, Dakine Cross X in black, extra large). On the off chance anyone is around Swinley and you see them on the floor (right hand section of car park as you drive in), would appreciate if you could pick them up and drop me a mail? (jmberger175 AT tiscali DOT co DOT uk). Ta!

Aidan
    Free Member

Nice one.

And I found a glove there this week, but not yours… a Spesh one. Doh!

Notter
    Free Member

Update – Swooped by Swinley on my way to work and there were my gloves sitting in the middle of the road, now retrieved, hoorah!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Bonus!
    Like you i have a tesco light strapped to my lid, ideal as a spot when going round bends. For £12 whats not to like?

brakes
    Free Member

sounds good, I should be going to Swinley within the next few weeks for a night-ride. does it get busy?

can you put up a link to the tesco light you have?
    how do you attach it to your helmet?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘First night ride of the season tonight….(and lost gloves at Swinley)’ is closed to new replies.