Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • First new Brodie FS design in ages!
  • si-wilson
    Free Member

Just found out that Brodie are looking at re-vamping their FS line up. They have not bothered with FS for a few years, having concentrated on road/touring and HT stuff, getting back to their routes so to speak.

Might look like a shameless plug, but I don’t even think they will make it in to the UK anyway! Just wanted to share 🙂

New Brodie FS frames/bikes

cynic-al
    Free Member

SHameless plug?

From you, the 13th Duke of Wimborn?

With your reputation?

si-wilson
    Free Member

Lol, thought I could count on you Al! Did you not read the part about the bikes not actually coming over here? Hence why I didn’t link to my website. Some on here really need to lighten up 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I was kidding fella!

Lifer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lrQdFmL9U[/video]

Any excuse for some Fast Show!

rob2
    Free Member

Any details si? Is that a dw link?

Babyjack
    Free Member

Where has your website gone Si ?

DrP

You should make some stickers advertising these…. 😉

DrP

si-wilson
    Free Member

stickers, now there’s a thought…. 🙂

Progressive website is down for the time being, should be back by the end of the week latest.

No details on the frames, very early proto work so to early to say what the specs are etc. I doubt that they will be available as frame only, which prob means I won’t be bringing them over, unless they are specced well enough and a decent enough price for the full bike.

AlexSimon

Brodie are quite reasonably priced in Canada, so a DW bike could be a great option. There aren’t many off-the-peg full bikes available with DW.

No mention of DW or mention of Brodie on the DW page though, which is weird.

Full blog post
    http://www.brodiebikes.com/blog/?p=1860

RustyMac

I don’t know if that is a DW Link? It is not like the original DW bikes of Iron Horse and Turner where there are linkage plates and the shock is vertical but it does look sililar ish to the current Pivot bikes which i think are DW as well. Very confused now 😕

cynic-al
    Free Member

Clearly a DW design is it not?

I_Ache
    Free Member

The second one and the end one look like Stumpys because of the top link and where the shock is.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I don’t honestly know, it looks similar but I would be surprised to see Brodie use the DW license.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don’t know what defines a DW design but it’s def a rear-triangle on 2 links, a la DW, VPP, Maestro etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘First new Brodie FS design in ages!’ is closed to new replies.