Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • first full susser advice pls
  • bikemanspen
    Free Member

Ok so after riding hardtails for a few yrs I think the time has come to take the plunge I will have around £1000 as my budget and was thinking something like a used trek ex8. I ride trailcentres with a few mates and often tootle around with the family.

Im after abit of advice/guidence on what to look out for any help much appreciated!

Ben

duntstick
    Free Member

Worth considering if it fits click link

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Looks ok but im after second hand I think purely for the better components, value for money thanks for the link though.

jimw
    Free Member

Trek ex’s are excellent, light enough and well sorted geometry
    , others to consider – Giant Anthem?

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Ill look into the anthems cheers mate

heghedush
    Free Member

Selling an Giant Anthem 29er X2 if you’re interested?
    1200 pounds asking price and i’ll throw in a pair of Schwalbe Racing Ralphs new in the box.
    Bike is half a year old, ridden less than 100miles.

hambl90
    Free Member
    bikemanspen
    Free Member

My budget is only 1k mate atm I’m very interested in what’s out there so don’t want to commit to anything just yet. Unless a real bargain pops up 😉

matther01
    Free Member

My brother in law has the Giant Trance X4 and he has had nothing but problems, two broken seatposts (both fixed under warranty), the Tora’s are terrible and the drivetrain needs constant adjusting.

I on the otherhand have a 2012 Ex8 and its excellent and can’t recommend it enough.

I’ve adjusted quite alot on it…but the original spec was still really good. Flys up and down hills with ease. Just make sure if you get a 2012 model to buy the tubeless kit (costs about £20).

vinylspin
    Free Member

Another vote for 2012 Ex8, this bike eats trails effortlessly.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘first full susser advice pls’ is closed to new replies.