Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • First Full face helmet
  • dantsw13

I’m looking to get a full face for the odd DH play at Friston, an Alps trip, and the QECP Enduro in July.

Any suggestions?

ashweee
    Free Member

Have a look at the O’neal Airtech at-1. I got one last year for my first alps trip and it was great, really well ventilated and the magnetic buckle on the chin strap is great.

godzilla
    Free Member

I have had 2 Urge down-matics and wish i had got a POC Cortex, Urge suck quality wise.

iain1775
    Free Member

Kali Protectives
    Cheap, light, do the job and look good

davosaurusrex

I got one of these when they had more sizes left;

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/32448/THE_One_Tiki_Carbon_Helmet_2010

Bargain if you’ve got an enormous noggin!

Northwind

Hmm. I’ve got a well-used Urge Down-o-matic and it’s been bang on. Apart from the damn-fool hole in the visor, anyway. But other than that it’s been durabl and comfortable, good weight for the money, looks great… Nothing I don’t like.

downshift78
    Free Member

Got to Agree on the Down-o-matic. I love mine. Its been well used and still looks great. Has the look and feel of a lid twice the price.
    Dave of Downshift

Superficial
    Free Member

Fit isn’t quite as crucial as with full faces, but I still wouldn’t buy one without trying it on.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

got a URGE quite like it but then I am partial to URGE’s lids. Not sure I agree with superficial abt fit not being crucial.

My suggestion is buy a few from CRC try them on pick the one you feel is the best and return the rest.

trusty

Spesh deviant is fairly well ventilated for a full face, I like mine

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got a deviant too. It’s nothing I’d want to ride a long uphill in but certainly more breezy than most FF.

godzilla
    Free Member

My first, Urge Down-o cracked, I sent it back to whin-shanleys who said they sent it back to the importer to be looked at and Decade had told them it was crash damage, this was BS they didn’t send it, (confirmed by Decade uk) plus I can hand on hart say the helmet had never had an impact, plus the lining came away badly and the amazing flexible visor also snapped, this is after only 15 days use.
    Decade offered me a new helmet for cost, I was a bit skint at the time so took this option, I just have a nagging feeling that this one will come apart too.

mrelectric

PSA: Specialized-Deviant-II 2010 version on sale here at only £84:
    http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Specialized-Deviant-II-Full-Face-Helmet_27474.htm

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One That Fits.
    After that it should fit.

I got a 661 Evo – very nice if it fits
    Had deviants and parachutes previously both better for riding up/along but the 661 is much better as a full on full face.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘First Full face helmet’ is closed to new replies.