Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • First fireworks of the year :-(
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…and my dogs are v unhappy. I had forgotten it was that time of year. 🙁

I never understand why they can cope with a helicopter, airplane, gunshot, etc with no problems, but one rocket and a bang and they are in panic.

Poor things.

Pigface
    Free Member

Yep my old pup hated fireworks, just couldn’t understand the things.

emac65
    Free Member

They’ve never bothered our Boxer,he’s snoring away as they’re going off.The Boxer we had before wasn’t rattled by them either….

anagallis_arvensis

Our lurcher is terrified same with thunder too.

JAG

It’s always sad to see them upset by something that we know to be relatively harmless.

Our Irish Setters never bothered – I always assumed it was down to their Gundog heritage 😆

Drac

My dog was scared of the smell of burning pumpkin last night.

enduroforever
    Free Member

Our dog is in a right mood tonight because of the fireworks, took himself off to bed a few hours ago

Hohum
    Free Member

Our German Shepherd used to chase them!

Daft bugger.

I can sympathise with 99% of the other dogs and owners who aren’t so daft on them though 🙁

It seems to get more noisy every year.

darrell
    Free Member

its funny really cause my mut (a border terrier) sits at the window and watches em

kimbers

my parents put those stupid dog jumpers on theirs it seems to calm them down a bit
    I think its possibly some early diwali fireworks, btw

mattbee

We’ve got a DAP plug in thingy that seems to help calm ours down. Also giving him a big bear hug, but without fuss if that makes sense? The pheromones, and the compression effect of either the hug, or indeed the jumper, are supposed to have a calming effect as they trigger responses that young puppy’s have to their mothers.
    Last year before we got the DAP thingy we ended up driving out into the countryside at 10pm and parking up in the camper van just to stop him trying to dig holes in the carpet. This year, so far so good. A bit nervous bit not totally freaking out… The crazy thing is he’s fine with gunshots and thunder…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

We were going out for dinner last night which made it a bit worse!! Dogs not allowed upstairs but one shot up into bathroom! First time ever than he has come upstairs.

In the end, the solution was classic fm played loudly on a radio downstairs! Drowned out the noise and they were calm (we think!!).

But both digs are retrievers and are calm and not afraid of guns or any other loud noises, Two exceptions – fireworks and hot air balloons. Weird!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ah life in Oz, they have no idea what Nov 5th is about so it’s great. Having lived in scouse land where the firework season was September – January it’s all a bit shite. Sell them under control or to licensed people only

Drac

My old Lab us to think she was out on a shoot and got very excited. Our current Dog a Border Terrier sits on the window to watch them.

Clink

Sell them under control or to licensed people only

This.

I’m always amazed that they are still sold over the counter with all the other H&S BS elsewhere.

Should be licensed displays only.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I have 2 westies who are not bothered by fireworks, one of them will actually watch them.

They bark at Hot Air Ballons more than anything else.

My sisters collie was absolutely terrified of hot air balloons.

CaptJon
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

Dogs or fireworks?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

CaptJon – Member
    mikewsmith – Member
    Dogs or fireworks?

Both

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Some dickhead decided to have a fireworks display at 2am this morning. Probably someone came home drunk from the pub and thought it was a good idea.

Thinking about getting up at 5 tomorrow morning and taping an old boom box to their letterbox and blasting Slayer into their house

**** pricks

tomkerton
    Free Member

Boba Fett – that is illegal and can be reported. No fireworks allowed beyond 11 apart from 5th Nov and 31dec

Kimbers – those Thunder shirts really work, we have had very positive results with our dogs

Mike smith and clink – couldn’t agree more.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘First fireworks of the year :-(’ is closed to new replies.