Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • First ever night ride
  • dawson

Did my first ever night ride tonight – it was ace!

Not chased by any monsters, but I did catch an owl on a fence post which spread its wings in such a way, that they cast a shadow similar to the batman sign over Gotham City.

I found that I fell into a rhythm where I wasn’t going too fast but I was pedalling constantly – sounds daft I know!

my new solution that I tried for keeping my feet warm worked really well too – front part of the foot placed into a sandwich bag and then another thin-ish sock over the top – toasty feet (almost too toasty actually, as I found that the top of my inner sock was actually a bit damp with sweat which I hadn’t noticed while riding)

Ambrose

🙂

juiced
    Free Member

cool

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Yes night riding is ace!
    I just got back from a great ride in the freezing cold and it has been the highlight of my week! There was 10 of us and we all had a great laugh(even when we got lost exploring new trails) Then it was back to the pub for a few drinks and a piss taking session. Just got home and had a shower and warming up with some roasted squash soup. Brilliant!

dawson

i’m just glad I didn’t stack it on my non-gnar trails!

Although I did ‘wrong slot’ when I had just got into a deeper wooded section and I had to do an about face when I realised I had left the path!

ojom
    Free Member

Been out here too. Beer bath noodles bed. Ace.

Gordy
    Free Member

Your enthusiasm after your night ride has inspired me to get my ruddy bike fixed, Dawson. Too much info about your feet though. ;O)

dawson

@Gordy – 😀

re – feet – I thought I was providing useful info by giving feedback on my cheap-skate shoe insulation methods!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘First ever night ride’ is closed to new replies.