Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First ever 25TT – Darkside Content
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Did my first ever 25 mile time trial this morning. I did 10s when I was a junior (and never very seriously; I wasn’t ever any good!) but that was, ooh, 23 years ago.

I’ve focused pretty much exclusively on road riding this year; decided that it was time to set a different goal for myself, that being to go under the hour next year. This morning’s TT was a marker to see how much work there is to do.

I was pretty pleased with the result; 1 hour 28 seconds first time out. I gave it everything and rode it perfectly according to my numbers so the time is as good as I could have done and shows me just what I need to do over the winter. I only had a regular road bike but fitted with tri bars and an aero helmet (on me, not the bike) and 50mm section wheels so I did have some help.

Feels good. In January last year I was 110kg and would never have got close to this time.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

And an addiction starts – sub 60 next?

sofatester
    Free Member

Good effort!

regular road bike but fitted with tri bars and an aero helmet (on me, not the bike) and 50mm section wheels

Don’t change anything so you’ve got a benchmark next time out.

sub 60 next

This.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Top effort there. Is very addictive and hard on both the legs and the wallet!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Shaved legs and show covers would have got you under 60 maybe?

Don’t buy anything else, you have the main aero advantages bar a new frame – work on position and strength

geetee1972
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive comments. Honestly you’ve no idea how important this has been to me (not sure why, but it’s become a bit of a thing). All good comments and yes, nothing else to buy. Already had shoe covers and the guns have been clean since May so the only thing stopping me is my strength.

Under the hour is next year’s goal; there are some additional 25s in October down here but not sure if they will work out.

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

Great effort!

Nothing else to buy?? Ha in theory that is correct. But if you are anything like the rest of us you will be fully kitted out with aero bling within a year 🙂

in reality it is 99% about position on the bike, fitness and a willingness to suffer.
    Good luck with it, testing is awesome!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First ever 25TT – Darkside Content’ is closed to new replies.