Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • first enduro – practice tips please
  • singletrackstinker
    Free Member

My first race this weekend.

There are two practice stages on saturday and I’m wondering what other people tend to do during the practice?

Do you thrash down as fast as possible and practice a stage a few times or spend more time on one run making sure you’re hitting the right lines? I’m a bit concerned about tiring myself out before the timed stages start and would like to user the most efficient method..

Or, am I just over thinking this?

jam-bo

Cruise it once working out where the hard bits are. 2nd run taking a closer look at them.

jim25

Then have a beer and forget all about it!

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Both plans sound good 😀

Simon

The right lines at a slow pace can be different to at race pace so try and get at least one fast run on each stage.
    The problem I have is 1,2 or even 3 runs is never enough for me to learn a new trail 😕
    I’d love to know what the secret is!

alpin
    Free Member

go really fast and don’t be a

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Hadn’t thought about speed and line choice. Thanks for pointing that out.

Is it usually ok to push back up the course? (Outside the taped bit ofc).

getonyourbike
    Free Member

If this is the Red Kite events then I’ll see you there.

You’ll have plenty of time to practise the 2 stages. I’ll be riding them and then pushing back up if there’s lots of lines to look at. I’ll probabyl give them another go after that.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I Walk it, then ride it a reasonable pace then check out any harder sections then do a fast run.

EDIT I also don’t bother to try a and learn all of it there is too much so only commit the important sections to memory.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘first enduro – practice tips please’ is closed to new replies.