Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • First Date: Somewhere in London that serves a wide range of chocolate drinks
  • RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Meeting up with a lady tomorrow and I’m wondering which cafe / bar offers a wide range of quality hot chocolate drinks. Any help please?

bearnecessities

Just when you think this place can’t get any more niche!

Stoner
    Free Member

*desperately hopes “chocolate drinks” is not a euphemism *

Try Whittard

http://www.whittard.co.uk/m/locations

project
    Free Member

Willy Wonkers choclate factory, quality street,

wolly
    Free Member

Take her up the oxo tower

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Haha no it’s not a euphemism.

Thanks I’ll try Whittard’s but was hoping for something a little less mainstream.

matt_outandabout

You do know if you are given a location, there will be a dozen MAMILS on bikes waiting for you and your prospective date?
    Live commentary and heckling will commence.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Cheers Andyl I’ve been looking at that list too. Wondering if anyone here had any first hand experience?

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Oh no….you’re right matt. I’m exposing myself to all sorts of potential embarrassment. I’d just like to make it clear I’m not going to any one of those cafes in that Time Out list. None of them at all.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Going back years mid 80’s there used to be a niche cafe in earls court that was a hangout for writer and poets and it did great hot chocolate and with alcoholic twists, cannot for the life of me remember what it was called. Also seemed to be a lot of Kenny Everett lookalikes in biker clothes and Australians around that neck of the woods back then. 😯

MrSmith
    Free Member

Paul Young does chocolate drinks but that might be mainly in the winter and the shops are small.
    i know a fair bit about the london coffee ‘scene’ but I’m struggling to think of nice cafes that do proper chocolate (as i dont drinkk it)
    beas of bloomsbury might? as might fortnums
    looking at that list above konditor & cook might be a better bet as they are a cafe/shop whereas rococo/paul young are quite small.

this place in piccadilly evidently does godiva hot chocolate all year round
    http://www.longitude08.co.uk

Andy_B

Artisan du Chocolat Westbourne Grove branch.

But seriously, just get back on Tinder.

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I have POF to thank for this. I have two choices now neither were mentioned above. One’s posh and the other not so much. I’ll post a review later 🙂 Has anyone actually met up after using Tinder?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What no paedo jokes yet?

Jamie
    Free Member

What no paedo jokes yet?

Am I missing something?*

*Apart from not knowing a fair bit about the london coffee ‘scene’.

DrJ

Was the chocolate thing your idea, or hers? If hers, expect a larger lass 🙂

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

She’s Italian. I know she likes chocolate drinks from our messaging. The venue’s my idea. I like coffee she likes choccie. She’s running late though. I got the sweat on a moment ago thinking she’d be ruthless and stand me up but she’s on her way…..I want to wee!

oldnick

Good luck 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Put your bloody phone away, and pretend to read a posh book.

bearnecessities

He’s already knee deep in marshmallow.

hora
    Free Member

Paedo joke? Proper 😆

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s been 5 hours with no response, so can only assume she has killed him, and is drinking hot chocolate out of his skull.

Junkyard
    Free Member

do you want to call the police or shall I?

MoreCashThanDash

Or they may be licking chocolate off each others intimate places…..

You guys are always so negative!

Jamie
    Free Member

No, no. There can be no other explanation that she was a nutbag, and is currently sawing his feet off to stick in the freezer.

I would, if I may, read a poem for a our fallen comrade, RAGGATIP.

Ey ey ba day ba wadladie day
    Ay um ba day
    Ba day ba wadladie day
    Ay um ba da- ay um ba da-da-da-da wadladie day!

Ay um ba day
    Ba day ba wadladie day
    Ay um ba da- ay um ba da-da-da-da wadladie day one!

hora
    Free Member

Im guessing she left quickly. A bloke showing up in Hope shorts calling hr ‘chief’ thinking thats cool didnt wash.

Either that or looking pale and wearing Next fashion.

Jamie
    Free Member

What is your obsession with everyone on STW, bar yourself of course, being unable to deal/interact with the opposite sex, Hora?

Junkyard
    Free Member

be fair he thinks we cannot interact with anyone not just the …you know those ones with the front bumps them erm what do you call them ….runs off giggling /wetting himself

mudshark
    Free Member

For the 2nd date?

hora
    Free Member

Jamie ever met a STWer who oozes mansexuality or you wanted to be their best friend/your balls tingled?

Jamie
    Free Member

Pook lent me some gloves once. I think something tingled then.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him
    No, no. There can be no other explanation that she was a nutbag, and is currently sawing his feet off to stick in the freezer.

I would, if I may, read a poem for a our fallen comrade, RAGGATIP.

Ay um ba day
    Ba day ba wadladie day
    Ay um ba da- ay um ba da-da-da-da wadladie day!

Ay um ba day
    Ba day ba wadladie day
    Ay um ba da- ay um ba da-da-da-da wadladie day one!

F*ckin’ LOLcano

bearnecessities

Jamie ever met a STWer who oozes mansexuality or you wanted to be their best friend/your balls tingled?

It’s things like this that make me scared of the internet, and the outskirts of Manchester.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have to confess to never having fallen in love on a STW ride nor had any experience [ beyond poor line choice/saddle too high] that made my balls tingle

matt_outandabout

That was some poor line choice then….
    I have been a bit too far back off the saddle and made contact a couple of times, but that is what a good chamois if for…

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie thanks for your poem haha. Well it went ok. Her breath stank a bit though. So I took her to Said to get a strawberry sundae. Couldn’t find any hot chocolate as I think it’s off season. Don’t think I’ll be seeing her again though as I didn’t get that feeling in my ballbags oh, and the stinky breaaath. The search continues….

stewartc
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/otEm_aI2Vac[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘First Date: Somewhere in London that serves a wide range of chocolate drinks’ is closed to new replies.