• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by aP.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • First 'cross race next week, what should i expect?
  • mos

Instead of watching, i’ve been goaded into joining in the first Yorks CX midweek summer series in huddersfield. Having not raced cx before & not done a cross country mtb race for about 15 years, i’m thinking there will most likeley be a lot of wheezing and getting on and off?
    Someone said that if you get lapped they take you out of the race as well? This could be a good thing actually.
    Also, i can’t run and will be doing it on a mtb, possibly singlespeed, with 3″ tyres.
    How hard can it be?

davidjey
    Free Member

On that bike, very hard indeed 😀

Just go along and have fun. I’d be surprised if they pull lapped riders in a little summer league, it’s hardly the national trophy.

aP
    Free Member

It’ll be faster than you thought possible! Just keep going, you’ll end up riding your own race within the main race.
    They’re extremely unlikely to pull lapped riders – if they did that in Local League races then that’d be the end of racing as no one apart from the top 15 or so would bother turning up again and it wouldn’t be financially viable to run the races any more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘First 'cross race next week, what should i expect?’ is closed to new replies.