Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • First crash in a while….aftermath caught on camera!
  • huggis
    Free Member

So decided to go out on MTB as thought it would be safer with the roads being so icy…how wrong I was!

[video]http://youtu.be/9Jw4u7vQOyw[/video]

Harris
    Free Member

Ouch! You were going at some pace. I hope you’re Ok.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Did you fall asleep because it was such a dull decent?

huggis
    Free Member

Thanks Harris..recovering now…9 hours in AE with knackered leg, hip and shoulder but no broken bones luckily

iainc

Where is the trail ?

angeldust
    Free Member

yawn, boring vid doesn’t do any injuries justice (hope you are okay!).

huggis
    Free Member

Ha yes something like that! Plan For the single track decent thwarted by mechanical on my mates bike…

huggis
    Free Member

Hill of Fare, Aberdeenshire

midlifecrashes

Hey no bitchin about the trail. If the trail is dull, ride faster! Exactly what he did, and look where that got him! Ice, gravel or slush that did for you?

Get well soon.

huggis
    Free Member

My philosophy too midlifecrashes…..yes Track was icy and hard as hell, like concrete

jamj1974

Heal quickly OP! Looks painful!

mattsccm
    Free Member

Clever camera work, getting it to leap ahead of you to capture those magic first moments when you know that you are not dead coz it hurts too much 😆

Russell96

What did you use to put the GPS data on the vid? Have you got plenty of frozen veg in the freezer to use as ice packs?

taxi25
    Free Member

Dull !! I love those super fast descents can’t ever remember being bored on that sort of thing. Deff looks like it was some ice that did for you, I especially like the grovelling on all fours before you collapsed onto your side, 9/10 for artistic interpretation 8)

tymbian
    Free Member

Russell96..possibly filmed with a Garmin Virb..

huggis
    Free Member

Yes it was a garmin Virb…which is still intact although the mount was snapped off by my leg

carlos
    Free Member

I feel for you mate, healing vibes heading your way.

I came off a week last Thursday on Cumberland Clough (Macc Forest ish) and it didn’t half **** hurt!! Throwing yourself onto a very rocky track at 18mph is something I’d NOT reccommend 😥 Didn’t break anything but did shread a set of bib longs and my right leg somewhat. No ice or anything just one of those things that happen now and again, hopefully that’s it for a long while.

Back on the bike but it’s still a bit tender

Carlos

huggis
    Free Member

Thanks Carlos – sounds like a painful one also!

willard

Is the bike ok??

Oh, heal quickly!

huggis
    Free Member

Thanks Willard – think so…not had a Good look at it yet…Don’t think it can be used as an excuse for a new one!

darrenspink
    Free Member

Half way through I starting tilting my phone. Has anyone completed this level yet?

smatkins1
    Free Member

Half way through I starting tilting my phone. Has anyone completed this level yet?

HAHAHA Brilliant!

huggis
    Free Member

That’s the funniest thing I’ve heard in ages darrenspink

Drac

Did you fall asleep because it was such a dull decent?

😆

Hope your not badly hurt OP.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Hope your better soon.

Is that a catlike helmet? If so which one is it?

huggis
    Free Member

yes it is a catlike teadrinker – its a whisper

teadrinker
    Free Member

Thanks huggis, i do like there helmets.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘First crash in a while….aftermath caught on camera!’ is closed to new replies.