• This topic has 57 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • First bike for a 2yr old at Christmas
  • Harry_the_Spider

One thing to consider is that you will have to carry it when junior has had enough. Lightness is a factor.

Danno72
    Free Member

Got this when he was 2.5 and this pic was taken when he was 3. Can’t recommend these enough. Got him one with pedals for xmas so see how he gets on with the transition. They are a lot of money but they hold there price for resale.

BW2-46 by dannodan72, on Flickr

GW
    Free Member

GW you are still upset after the comment I made on a different thread aren’t you?

the blur thread?
    er.. No!. your comment didn’t even make sense!

hora
    Free Member

GW you came onto the topic and acted as though you were almost personally offended. You must admit you were abit negative. Why not be alittle positive? I personally feel (from experience) that the Blur4x is a great bike but not as an only bike for its travel. On a wider note, for the same weight I can get more travel with better suspension feel. Whats wrong with that? Peace.

GW
    Free Member

not at all, add a smiley to my post if it makes you feel less persecuted.

nothing’s wrong with riding any amount of suspension travel, it may actually be slower and less responsive tho. better suspension “feel” has nothing to do with amount of travel either.

binners

Hora – you’d happily spend more on a set of tyres than you’re prepared to spend on your nippers first bike.

Great to see you doing everything you can to dispel the stereotypes of tight-arse Yorkshire ****s 😉

popstar
    Free Member

Stomp Stompee. Same as islabike but frame made from steel, 300gram heavier at 4kg overall. Half price of Islabike. I’ve bought for my son, and very well impressed.
    [video]http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=TjXo-NqF6Qc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DTjXo-NqF6Qc&gl=GB[/video]

enzoferrari
    Free Member

+1 for likeAbike and islabikes
    how much does you 2 year old weigh ? see how often you want to ride your 20Kg bike 🙂
    My 5 year old just gave up his likeabike jumper , and the 2 year old is doing 10Km green route rides on it now

hora
    Free Member

STRIDER won 8)

Wookster

We have had a Zoot and a spesh like a bike, both great both still in use. From what I’ve been told the Isla bikes are lighter but both of my chaps loved their versions. It’s a great present!

kcr
    Free Member

Well, rather than arguing over brands, I would say get a balance bike that fits your child, i.e. one with a low enough saddle for the child to get both feet comfortably on the ground. That is the critical requirement.

hora
    Free Member

kcr – this is possibly one of the main criteria that the national cycle centre used when choosing a fleet of balance bikes for their sessions.

They are ALL good though. Seeing their faces on the Strider sessions, all kids are either grinning or crying with laughter/giggles or fear!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Can understand why the strider doesn’t need a brake, but having seen what kids get up to on some of the videos posted the one on the Isla seems like quite a good idea!

hora
    Free Member

At the Strider session there were alot of kids dragging their brake in fear- abit like I’d do. However hora junior was flowing and relaxing more (prob cos he didn;t have a brake). you can retro fit a brake

mrblobby
    Free Member

I rreckon most adults would benefit from riding with brakes removed sometimes. Have to check out the strider sessions with blobby jr. At only 7 months he may be a bit young… but I’ll probably need a year to decide what bike to get him 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Great fun and £3 a session.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Did you get the travis pastrana one…?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izLijMePWr4[/video]

Awsome!

hora
    Free Member

This is his first ride on his Strider bike/first visit:

I’m just behind him in the foreground – worrying!

Heres a laugh for you….I fancy re-powdercoating his frame…already..

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘First bike for a 2yr old at Christmas’ is closed to new replies.