Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First Bike (for a 1 year old)
  • Sui
    Free Member

Hello all, as i’ve had to become sensible over the past year and dish out money on shiit that the missus wants, i now get a chance to spend some of my money on something bike related, albeit for the little one.

She’ll be 1 in 3 weeks and it’s my chance to get her doing something worthwhile. What’s the recomendations as far as first trike/balance thing? She’s been walking well for about 6 weeks now so is fairly stable upright.

cheers all,

resisted
    Free Member

Ridgeback Scoot/Adventure Zooom or Isla equivalent balance bike?

Junkyard
    Free Member

too young for a balance bike IMHO/IME need to wait till 18 mths – 2 years
    Try one of those three wheeled trikes with a steering handle at the back for grown ups to point it in the right direction.
    If she has been walking for only 6 weeks you think placing a bike between her legs is going to help or get very far before a crash? this is mor elikely to put her off cycling
    Patience is required

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TiRed

Generations of 1yo have grown up on wooden trike/quads with plastic wheels. Modern ones even have a seat back. Go to mothercare. One is too young for much else.

Oh and buy a Rhode Gear Taxi for your bike. Then they can get a taste for speed.

chakaping
    Free Member

don’t bother for a year at least

Sui
    Free Member

ok so no isla bike type thing then. of to find a trikewith handle then..

ta
    ps anyone experienced these things http://www.buywishbonebikes.co.uk/

Rich_s

i just obtained a rothan for my boy who’s 2 weeks short of his 1st. I know it’s early, but it’s a winner for two reasons:
    It’s gonna look ace on a rack next to my bikes, and
    It’s gonna seriously annoy the in laws who were insisting on something with stabilisers and tassells

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First Bike (for a 1 year old)’ is closed to new replies.