Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Firewall/AV recommendations please
  • plant
    Free Member

Hi,

I usually use Comodo for firewall and AV but for some reason, when I install on the new (secondhand but clean) laptop, it knocks out my wireless connection and I just can't figure it out …. Uninstall brings the connection back again.

I'm not a techy person, so any other recommendations for firewall freeware?

Thanks,

Drac

I use Avast for AV and the routers NAT is good enough firewall for home use.

plant
    Free Member

The router is OK? OK, I'm good with that.

What about using laptop when away from home? Any issues there?

Thanks,

Drac

Some will come along in a moment so no router isn't as it can be hacked, the chances are more than slim of hacker wanting into your home account.

Maybe while on a network away from home your not sure of then yes enable a FW windows own would probably suffice but there is plenty out there for free. Bit out of date with them though as to which one is best.

disco_stu
    Free Member

i wouldn't worry about the router getting hacked but i'd still stick a firewall on your pc even with a nat router as this won't protect your machine if you get a trojan / virus on your pc

you'd need a firewall which can block outbound connections, i've used zonealarm in the past and not had any problems with it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Firewall/AV recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.