Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Firefox help
  • conkers
    Free Member

A year or so ago there was a thread on how to clean up Firefox but I’ve forgotten what I had to do and I haven’t had much luck with the search function.
    Could someone please point me in the right direction or jog my memory on how to clean all the guff from Firefox? I’m fed up of the spinny circle of frustration when all I want to do is quickly find out which fat tyre for dog eggs.

Thanks

Forgot to say it’s on a 2009 MBP with mavericks.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

CCleaner from piriform.com

mogrim

CCleaner from piriform.com

That’s Windows only, isn’t it?

Two things I’d do to clean up Firefox:

1. Clear history + cookies + cache data, maybe leaving saved form and password data intact.

2. Check the list of add-ons/extensions, and delete any you don’t use.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

No

conkers
    Free Member

Thanks to everyone except cranberry who was as useful as the proverbial chocolate tea pot.
    Firefox came up with the suggestion itself, it was how to reset and remove the old profile but I couldn’t remember that it was a reset that I wanted to do (not everyone is or wants to be an IT engineer).

For anyone coming across this thread wanting to do the same go to help then trouble shooting information, in the top right will be a box to reset firefox.
    Be aware it will remove add ons so you will have to reinstall the ones you use.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Os there a way of ‘storing’ those add-ons and extensions you wish to keep so you can re-import them to your newly cleaned system?

conkers
    Free Member

It does create a folder with everything it removes on the desktop but I haven’t a clue how you would reimport the stuff you want to keep sorry.

jamj1974

Think Russian?

wordnumb
    Free Member

I’d just like to note that a chocolate teapot is far from useless. Teapots being fairly large, that’s a lot of chocolate to eat – so like many proverbialisms this analogy doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Stuff like that ^, Cougar, is what prevents me losing faith in humanity.

mogrim

Three_Fish – Member
    No

TIL: I stand corrected, there are versions for Mac and Android.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Firefox help’ is closed to new replies.