Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Firefox browsing questions……..
  • timbur
    Free Member

…..you know when you highlight some text on the web in Firefox you have the option to Google search the highlighted text with a right click??? Well, after a new AGV download I'm being forced to use Yahoo which I hate. Anyone tell me how to get it back to Google as a default please?
    Also, if there are any experts about, can you also tell me how to set up Firefox to open up Google as default when opening a new tab?

Cheers

Tim

eckinspain
    Free Member

you know when you highlight some text on the web in Firefox you have the option to Google search the highlighted text with a right click???

no, I didn't! Thanks.

I think the tabs only open up as blank – not sure you can get them to open up as anything else

bruneep

Have you got search bar top right of page with a drop down list? select google from that list.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eckinspain
    Free Member

although this might help

timbur
    Free Member

bruneep – thank you :O)

eckinspain – oo, that looks interesting.

beamers

I have learned something here today.

timbur
    Free Member

STW in educational shocker!

beamers

Well, every day is a school day. I'm currently learning a lot about HTC phones from lurking in this forum.

timbur
    Free Member

I recently learnt about chainsaws :O) That was a lot of fun.

Now I'm learning not to wear a suit and to be a part time veg gardener and a SDW ranger for the summer. Life is rich ever if the bank balance isn't!

allthepies
    Free Member

Yes, the "select text then right click and search" facility is great, handy for postcodes also as google usually recognises them and presents a map as the first search result.

allthepies
    Free Member

Also, to search for text on a webpage type "/" which opens a search box bottom left of Firefox window, enter the search text and hit enter. F3 then finds next, repeat…

eckinspain
    Free Member

Also, to search for text on a webpage type "/" which opens a search box bottom left of Firefox window, enter the search text and hit enter. F3 then finds next, repeat…

where do you enter the "/" ?

acjim
    Free Member

just press /

sharkbait
    Free Member

How about this one….. (although you may already know it!):
    To carry out quick searches in a web site go the web page and right hand click in the search box> select 'add keyword for this search'> add a keywork that can be anything you want.
    Once you have done this all you need to do to carry out a search is put the keyword followed by the search phrase in the address bar and hit return.

For instance, my eBay keyword is 'eb' – if I want to search ebay for rotors I just type "eb rotors" in the address bar. Or to search on here it would be "st rotors"

Quick and brilliant

falkirk-mark

Slight hijack but how do you create a shortcut to place on your desktop as it puts them in a browser folder or summit ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

^ ?? huh

scaredypants

falkirk mark, do you mean bookmarking but keeping it accessible ?

easiest is to do "add page to bookmarks" but add it to the bookmarks toolbar – all yer top links can go on there

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Firefox browsing questions……..’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts