Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Firefighters – anyone work for Hants Fire Service?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Randomly check their website and been keeping an eye out for adverts – every time I check it has said they aren't recruiting and not to contact them.

Is this site maintained or are there genuinely no vacancies in hampshire? I've been checking for a few years now, debating trying to fit in being a retainer around my current job to see if that is a way to get a foot in the door….

Anyone give any advice?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

years and you've never picked up the phone ?

MussEd
    Free Member

Ignore that supercillious old perv in shorts on ice. I don't work for Hants but think all F & R services will be suffering as result of Local government spending cutbacks. Easiest way to ease up on the expenditure is cutting down recruitment I'm afraid. That's the story up here anyway… good luck.

firestarter
    Free Member

dunno about hants but we arent recruiting for at least five years

DT78
    Free Member

I haven't picked up the phone because the site states specifically in bold letters – Please do not telephone for further information or an application pack.

see here for your slice of humble pie
    http://www.hantsfire.gov.uk/careerstraining/recruitment/currentvacancies.htm

It's something I'd like to do and would definitely go for it if they were recruiting but as above it would seem there are no/haven't been any vacancies for a long time 🙁

Must be that rare thing called job satisfaction. (oh and spending cuts)

luke
    Free Member

Here in Dorset they don't advertise very often, the same with the police.
    Are you near to a retained station? It can be a good starting point to entry.

mk1fan
    Free Member

As above, why not visit your local station and speak to the Watch Commander?

DT78
    Free Member

Depends on your definition of close – I'm within easy drive of a retained station that is recruiting, and I was thinking of trying it out although it would be quite difficult to fit around my full time job.

Even if there were vacanices is 31 a bit too old?

luke
    Free Member

Speak to your boss at work, most are flexiable if they know your doing something worthwhile such as being a retained fire fighter.
    Drill night will be one night a week which you get paid for and then call outs as and when.
    31 isn't too old at all, just get on and do it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Firefighters – anyone work for Hants Fire Service?’ is closed to new replies.