Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fire XC Maxxis equivalent
  • holmes81
    Free Member

Anyone know of a maxxis tyre that is pretty similar to fire XC.

Or can anyone recommend a maxxis replacement for fire XC.

Many thanks.

GW
    Free Member

an almost bald minion 2.35 single ply 60a handles not far off a new 2.1 fire XC pro

ratherbeintobago

To ask a thick question, if you’re looking for something like a Fire XC, why not go for… a Fire XC?

Andy

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    holmes81
    Free Member

Ok,

perhaps this may help,

Ignitor XC or High Roller XC to replace fire XC

mendip
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago, if it’s a thick question according to you, why waste time responding the question? 🙄

Perhap/maybe the OP’s LBS doesnt sell Panaracer tyres, only Maxxis.

If it’s muddy, try Medusa but for all rounder close to Fire XC, I would go for Advantage ones.

ratherbeintobago

ratherbeintobago, if it’s a thick question according to you, why waste time responding the question?

Maybe I’m curious as to why he’s switching, given that I have Fire XCs on my bike, the back one of which is looking a bit sad.

Perhap/maybe the OP’s LBS doesnt sell Panaracer tyres, only Maxxis.

In which case, why not say so? Even then, it’s not like Panaracers are particularly esoteric or hard to come by (in E Lancs anyway); the tyre most like a Fire XC is still a Fire XC.

Andy

GW
    Free Member

Ignitor XC or High Roller XC to replace fire XC

neither

lunge

In terms of the kind of riding it is designed to do I would say an advantage. Maybe try an advantage rear and minion front?

holmes81
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

The reason for the question is that I am led to belive that maxxis perform better than panaracer. I was looking into trying a set of maxxis for comparrision and wanted a tyre that performed in a similar manner to the xc hence the question.

So will maybe try either the advantage minion or the ignitor high roller option.

Taff
    Free Member

I have the ignitor on the back and fire xc on the front. Think they are about the same but the fire xc is slightly better. It’s not as good on wet roots and rocks but it has a nice stable feel and gives you a sesne of confident when sliding the back end. It’s not bad climbing in the mud or sand based surfaces. I prefer it to a high roller xc but think that may just be me. Ive run super tacky’s for about 5 years and my hardcore hardtails/ dh bikes and find them irreplaceable. Don’t know if any other maxis ones would compare better than the Ignitor

jonb
    Free Member

I’d say the advantage or the high roller.

Sizings are wierd. 2.1 high roller comes up smaller than a 2.1 fire xc pro and 2.1 advantage comes up bigger.

No idea which rubber compound matches. 60a or 62a. The super tackies are draggy and the 70a are rock hard.

Pieface

Advantage is a great all rounder. There’s probably better but its a reliable choice for all conditions except proper mud-fests. Comes up larger than high rollers. 2.1 is a good size.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fire XC Maxxis equivalent’ is closed to new replies.