Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • FInish Line vs Rock N Roll vs Squirt
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Can you sum up the pros and cons of finish line dry and wet vs rock n roll extreme and squirt?

I've only used squirt and found that it needs replacing after a few miles if there is any moisture on the ground, and this is a bit annoying- especially when you forget to bring spare lube!

Rock n Roll extreme from what i have read seems to last even less time than squirt but leaves the chain cleaner.

Finish line wet attracts lots of dirt (need to degrease/clean chain after each ride??) but lasts a long time.

Havent read much about finish line dry, is it long lasting, does it attract much gunk??

At the moment im tempted with a bottle of FL dry and a bottle of wet and then just apply whichever in accordance with conditions.

Mugboo

I've always used FL wet and as you say give everything a clean when I wash the bike.

In the recent dry weather I've used Fenwicks dry lube ut again as a clean freak I still clean it everytime but a lot less clag.

I dig up at Stainburn and we get a free sample of Squirt and some Fenwicks concentrate at each trailbuilding day. The lads that have been using the Squirt seem very happy with it. Apparently you need to thoroughly degrease everything before using it but everything stays really clean which sounds good to me!

Jammy111
    Free Member

Do you need to degrease after each ride when using FL wet? If not i think this may be the one i try next in my search for a lube i can get on with.

Mugboo

I use some muck off on a nail brush. Quick razz round and it's clean enough.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

I use rock n roll extreme and yes it does leave your drive chain much cleaner, and if applied properly will survive a wet ride. I commute every day on mine and rain or shine only need to relube every 7 to 10 days.

Northwind

I got one of the free Squirt samples, finally used it, it was a bit fiddly to get good coverage because of hte way it spreads but it seems to work well now it's on. We'll see how it lasts I guess.

Andituk
    Free Member

I've switched from Finish Line wet to Squirt now, so far so good. Tried Finish Line dry too, but it usually didn't even last a ride. FL wet works well but does get filthy, didn't bother degreasing after every ride, just gave it a wash with muck off and the hose and a proper clean every few weeks.

Northwind

I really like finish line dry, from an aerosol, in completely dry conditions it's brilliant. It's just bugger all use when there's mud around, which is all the time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘FInish Line vs Rock N Roll vs Squirt’ is closed to new replies.