Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Fingerprinted 'In Transit'
  • sparksmcguff

Don’t worry it’s as bad for the Americans as for you. My wife is one and she got more hassle traveling on a US passport than I got travelling on a Uk passport!

chewkw
    Free Member

Got finger printed all the time in other part of the world (not USA) every time.

Well, rather pointless exercise really … Did not stop MH370 gone missing big time and with the entire world still searching.

But watch out they do monitor your movement …

hora
    Free Member

I give blood. I bet my blood/DNA has been shared with the Police etc on some sort of shared database. Cynical, me?

footflaps

“hell they have more data on me now than my own country”

Nope, GCHQ have access to your fingerprints from the NSA…

globalti
    Free Member

Anybody who travels around Africa will know that some enterprising salesman has sold the fingerprint kit to quite a few African governments for their airports, which slows down Immigration queues nicely. So the last time I wanted a visa for Ivory Coast the embassy in London summoned me down to be fingerprinted. I had to go to the gopping filthy smelly Ivory Coast embassy in Belgravia and spend two hours waiting until they were ready, when they discovered that the green glass thingy couldn’t read my prints. They tried everything, even putting Vaseline on my fingers but no…. it wasn’t going to work so they resorted to an old-style manual visa in my passport. The reason was that I’m an energetic DIYer and house maintainer and all the work had smoothed my fingertips down. Jokers. What a waste of a day of my life.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Fingerprinted 'In Transit'’ is closed to new replies.