Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fingerless gloves in pretty colours with padding – Warning, semi darkside
  • TwirlipoftheMists

Went for a long road ride on Saturday (75 miles, my longest ever, quite pleased, thanks for asking) and felt pretty good except the heels of my hands ached at the end. My gloves have a thin foam padding so I was thinking of getting something a but more substantial with a bit of gel. My LBS has lots of gloves but they are all in very dull colours.

I liked the look of these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Pearl_Izumi_Slipstream_Argyle_Mitts/5360035067/

but they don’t have them in large.

I quite fancy some team replica ones as they are usually the brightest colours (I am vain and shallow and my mother was a magpie). Can someone recommend some? The piccies on Wiggle don’t include palms in most cases.

–Twirlip

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

specialized BG comp, available in, you guessed it, RED

clubber
    Free Member

You’re vain and shallow and you want team colours? Hmmm… you don’t ride much on the road (or at least, not with roadies), do you? 🙂

The de rigeur thing for roadies is either to be wearing team (club not pro team unless you are a pro) kit or plain. Wearing loud pro roadie kit is a complete fashion faux pas I’m afraid.

So, if you’re proper vain, mortgage your house and buy some goat scr0tum leather gloves from Rapha or similar.

Or you could just wear what you want and ignore everyone else 🙂 The gloves you linked to are the team Garmin ones – google Garmin Slipstream and you’ll find plenty for sale (for good reason…)

clubber
    Free Member

and btw you can buy gel strips to fit under the bar tape if you’re really having problems – they work well on my cx bike so they should be good on the road.

RustySpanner

Removed due to unavoidable stupidity.

TwirlipoftheMists

Thanks peeps. Didn’t get a chance to check the thread in work.
    I will avoid the pro gear then. Don’t want to look (completely) stupid.

Clubber, you are very perceptive 🙂

What did Rusty Spanner say??

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fingerless gloves in pretty colours with padding – Warning, semi darkside’ is closed to new replies.