• This topic has 139 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)
  • Pillock in a jag (Unbelieveabe content)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just now, turning right near our house. I’m on the scooter. The road is just 2 lanes wide with a right turn lane in the middle. It’s very tight for one car to go straight on if another is turning right so quite narrow. Plenty traffic coming out of the college in the road im turning into. Learner driver (Student) turning right out of the junction.
    I’m in no hurry so I inducate to the learner they can pull out, which they do, as I’m still pulling to a stop. They’d got 1/2 the car over their give way line and I’ve literally JUST stopped and put my foot down. We’re talking maybe FIVE SECONDS between me waving to the learner, sloeing to a stop and putting my foot down
    This bloody jag comes up the insde of me and turns right IN FRONT OF ME as learner is pulling out, and effs off up the road! Forcing the learner to stop. WHAAAAAT????
    Learner pulls out, I turn right
    Jag is not far away, sees me, and stops at mini roundabout and winds windown down.
    Yeah PAL I’m up for a shouting match if you want one sunshine!
    So I pull alongside and ask him what he was doing
    Why did you stop?
    Because I was letting the car out, and you just cut both of us up!
    If you want to be a nice man, don’t be a nice man on the road!!!
    (WAHT??? WHAAAATT??)
    But you cut us both up
    Why did you stop?
    Becasue I’m turning right (You fekkin eejit!) Would you have done that to a car?
    No
    So why did you do it to a bike?
    Why did you stop?
    Becasue I’m turning right!!!!!! You came round the front of me. That’s wrong
    No it’s not
    YES IT IS!!!
    Why did you stop
    BECAUE I”M TURNING RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It goes round and round a bit like this and he drives off. Down a dead end road, so I know where he lives.

I could make a wild accusation as to why he thinks this is OK, but I’d be called a racist. So I won’t

I might go and rip his bloody wing mirrors off though

AND BREATH………….

grrrrr

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Who modded my title??? I prefer my version

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Go and rip his wing mirrors off. It will make you feel better.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Original title was a little bit too sweary for the mods I guess.
    At least no-one was hurt.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sorry 😳

woody2000

Go do scooter burnouts by his house, that’ll learn him 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdyUmY0f1Fw[/video]

retro83
    Free Member

I could make a wild accusation as to why he thinks this is OK, but I’d be called a racist. So I won’t

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

My apologies for the original title to anyone who thought it was too much.

tthew

You should have pulled the keys out of his ignition and ridden off with them.

Then dropped them down a drain for good measure. 😀

Markie
    Free Member

He sounds an arse.

That said, anytime you flash another car to allow them out of a junction, I reckon you’re asking for trouble. Sticking to the rules of the road is better for everyone.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ahhhh ha,
    I see your problem,

The word Jaguar and Car appears in your thread.

There, there it is, Jag.

Sweaty content allowed in those circumstances.

Jamie
    Free Member

Hang on….why did my post get deleted?

Sweaty content allowed in those circumstances.

😀

gdub923
    Free Member

when I had my motor bike I witnessed this alot, all you have to do is get racing bike gloves, rub off the outer kevlar over the knuckes and they can scratch up the car that cut you up at the next lights/junction if you wish to exact that kind of revenge.

But then again, on a scooter you wont be able get away as quick as you may like to

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That said, anytime you flash another car to allow them out of a junction, I reckon you’re asking for trouble. Sticking to the rules of the road is better for everyone.

I didn’t flash. I waved to them in a regal manner, a sweeping gesture

For the record, our scooter is physically quite large and pretty quick. It’s probably as big and a bit taller than most sports bikes

What I think he thought was that I was a 16 year old kid and he could do what he likes. When confronted by a chunky northener (Well, midlands, but I’m in the south, so it’s all the same to you lot) who wasn’t backing down, he shat his pants and got lost. Despite the army uniform.

yossarian
    Free Member

So you are a racist then?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’d love to get revenge like this some day…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e-Ct0cWqzw[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

*puts kettle on*

mikeconnor
    Free Member

You should have pulled the keys out of his ignition and ridden off with them.

Then dropped them down a drain for good measure.

Surely he should have shot the man with a legally held shotgun, no?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Might as well make my wild accusation in that case. 😛

I think he was a Gurkha, or at least he looked like one. I’d say in his 50s, wearing a camo uniform of some kind. His English was better than most Gurkhas I’ve met, very good in fact, but I think his army background, shall we say, led him to think he could do what the hell he liked.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

But then again, on a scooter you wont be able get away as quick as you may like to

No problem whatsoever, my friend. even a slight amount of traffic and it’ll murder anything else on the road for speed 🙂

Didn’t need it though. He buggered off.

Tell you what though. I don’t think I swore at him. Missed a trick there.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

So his racial origin had nothing to do with matters then, more his allged overinflated sense of self-importance and entitlement?

I don’t think that’s racist at all. i don’t know why you would think anyone else would either.

legend
    Free Member

Why did you stop?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So his racial origin had nothing to do with matters then

I don’t think so, no, but you know what STW is like once you mention anything along the lines of ‘foreign’!! 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Uniform? Is there a local base? Is there a C.O. who takes an interest in the relationship that camp has With civilians?

yossarian
    Free Member

Why would him having an arrogant attitude based on his previous profession make you a racist?

Making an assumption on his knowledge of / compliance with british road rules based on his skin colour or ethnic background would likely get you accused of being a racist though.

What a lucky escape

I don’t think so, no, but you know what STW is like once you mention anything along the lines of ‘foreign’!!

Foreign? Are you sure he wasn’t British? I once met a brown chap who swore blind he was born in England.

Farmer_John
    Free Member

Same for me yesterday…

Cycling up a busy road which has a cycle lane wide enough for two riders.

As we approach a section of road that has a pedestrian pontoon in the middle of the road I pull out to overtake the slower cyclist – I’m still in the marked cycle lane… suddenly matey boy in a Green Golf is trying to push me over so he can pass before he slams into the pontoon – slows down and veers into the cycle lane beeping at me and telling me to “****ing watch where you’re going you stupid ****” (the latter may be fair comment but the first was bang out of order).

I catch him up at the next set of lights and we both exchange customary greetings – me pointing out the Highway code tells drivers to give cyclists room when passing and that it’s pretty dumb to try and overtake at speed when there’s a pedestrian pontoon only 15m ahead – him telling me I should watch where I’m going (despite the fact he tried to overtake me at speed from behind).

This is a pretty regular occurrence on my commute – it’s almost as if drivers forget to engage their brains when they close the car door. There was no excuse for bad language on either side but it does get a bit depressing when you actually surprise yourself at having got to work / home without someone cutting across you on a roundabout, buzzing you at speed or overtaking only to slow and turn left straight away.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

My girlfriend lives in an area with a large population of orthodox Jews. Many of them are terrible drivers; the dents and scratches on their cars is (old) testament to this. We are always very wary of cycling in her area, as the standard of driving is so bad. they simply don’t look where they’re going, and God/Yehova/Yaweh help you if you are on a bicycle.

Is it racist to apply a stereotype baesd on experience, observation and knowledge?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why would him having an arrogant attitude based on his previous profession make you a racist?

It wouldn’t. But like I said, you know what STW is like…. 🙂 So I’ve’ sealed that argument before it started by posting wisely. Thanks for that. 🙂

This is the junction. As you can see the right turn lane is narrower than some cars. If there’s a car in it, it can at times be impossible to filter past. He only did it because I was on a bike. And he must have been in SUCH A RUSH to get the remaining 300-400 yards (That’s realistic) home

druidh
    Free Member

I don’t see any scooters, jaguars or ghurkas in that picture!

davidjones15
    Free Member

Is it racist to apply a stereotype baesd on experience, observation and knowledge?

Yes. Can’t you take an individual as being just that?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have to admit this chap did take me by surprise. And as Mrs PP can confirm I almost have a 6th sense for what others are doing on the road. I’m pretty experienced, and it’s VERY VERY rare I’m surprised on the roads any more
    Thing is, if I’d been riding like I had been 30 seconds earlier though a queue of traffic I’d have been long gone before he had the chance to get near me.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Based. I meant ‘based’.

Thin is though; to apply such a stereotype is often prudent, and can help ensure one’s safety on the roads. So racist, or simply common sense?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To be fair, there’s lots of Nepalese round here. I love ’em. Lovely people. And they cook great curry, keep themselves to themselves, work hard and don’t cause any problems.

mikeconnor
    Free Member

What if they were crap cooks, stuck their noses into everyone else’s business, were lazy and caused loads of bother?

yossarian
    Free Member

‘It wouldn’t. But like I said, you know what STW is like…. So I’ve’ sealed that argument before it started by posting wisely. Thanks for that.

I’m still not entirely sure why you would even connect the two things together. And I’m even more unsure of why you’d make reference to it at all if you thought forumites would pick you up on it, particularly as it definitely totally isn’t what you meant.

davidjones15
    Free Member

So racist, or simply common sense?

Racist, or whichever -ist you wish to apply.
    You’re making an assumption on a person’s character simply based on a belief you have that all ********’s are like this. A chap is allowed to be a cock without being a Welsh cock, for example.
    Treating everyone as an individual makes more sense to me in a common way.
    EDIT: I could say that a lot of poorly educated and lazy people spell badly, as you miss spelled based I assume you must be poorly educated and lazy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

to apply such a stereotype is often prudent, and can help ensure one’s safety on the roads.

Thanks for the tip concerning orthodox Jews mikeconnor.

Is there anything I need to look out for or do they all pretty much look like this ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I met a black man in Plymouth who told me he thought the NHS was too reliant on immigrants.

EDIT: where could I get one of those hats?

molgrips
    Free Member

PP, in that picture were you going straight on and the jag turning right?

mikeconnor
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip concerning orthodox Jews mikeconnor.

You’re welcome.

Is there anything I need to look out for or do they all pretty much look like this ?

Yes, pretty much. But they do great food, keep themselves to themselves pretty much, and don’t cause much bother.

Racist, or whichever -ist you wish to apply.
    You’re making an assumption on a person’s character simply based on a belief you have that all

It’s not a ‘belief’, it’s caution based on observation, experience and knowledge. A bit like noticing that most football hooligans appear to be white.

where could I get one of those hats?

Try Stamford Hill. I’m sure you could get the entire ensemble if you so wished.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Pillock in a jag (Unbelieveabe content)’ is closed to new replies.