Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Fine and fantastic grippy snow covering Drumlanrig……Yeehaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • banginon

Just to let y'all know that Drum is riding beautifully in the snow…..No hidden ice at all, even the roots seem dry and grippy.

Trekster

Merry Xmas Rik

lowey

Thats what I was hoping for today. Unfortunatly what we got was a sheet of solid ice covered by 2-3". Great fun though.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah but there have been two crashes and the road closed from Kirkton! Am thinking of Mabie sometime in between all the work I have on, but had not considered Drumlanrig as it was a bit too much for my limited skills last time. Maybe time to MTFU and give it a second go ay?

Trekster John – am a bit worried about the roads right now but will venture out tomorrow to do some last minute shopping. Will also have a think about when to hit Mabie – all depends on how work goes and a few other things…

banginon

Hi John, hope you have a good one too….

Roads ok up to Drum today, about an inch overnight, nice and crispy.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Cool – the only problem I now have is that I can't my car up and out of the drive. I get half way up and then the car loses it and slips backwards again : (

2tyred

Ooh ooh ooh… got Wednesday off work and a wife pass for riding, was originally thinking about a road ton out by Arrochar but now remembering how much fun I had at Drumlanrig a couple of months ago. Got that in mind for Sunday, but could be greedy and go twice in a week.

Rik (if that's you) – any problems with the trains down to Sanquhar at the moment?

Northwind

Sounds brilliant… When me and ChrisL went there this year we kind of expected mud and slippy death, it'd been wet everywhere else but the trails were absolutely perfect. Not dry, not wet, just right. Glorious day of riding…

Now, if they can sort out the cafe… We demand pasta and baked potatoes! Ad huge smoothies! And a wider range of cakes… Ah, in fact just move the whole Hub there.

WTF
    Free Member

What are conditions like now ? iced up too much and is the road up to castle OK

TIA

banginon

Trails could be a bit deeper under snow than when I posted this, there was about 6 inches there yesterday althought the road in will be clear by now. Maureen from Foodmakr is running the cafe thru the winter so there's a huge improvement in quality; good coffee, all homemade produce, own cured bacon etc. We'll be open from 11 – 3 from Sunday thru to Thursday if any ones heading out for a pedal pop in for a blether.

Better go I think I'd better go and put a Bruichladdich out for Santa, merry Christmas everyone.

Trekster

Simon Think you have my number so give me a call.Work nbr is 258549, just ask for me and they will give me a shout or leave your nbr.
    I am working 26th, finish @ 6 and then off down to Carlisle to pick up wife. Off on 27th till 6pm and then it is night shift 😡 . Then off for till 31st.

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Trekster merry x mass from the best side o the nith

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Fine and fantastic grippy snow covering Drumlanrig……Yeehaaaaaaaaaaaah!’ is closed to new replies.