Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Finding your photos on other websites / using RB Copyright or similar?
  • benmusc
    Free Member

Colournoise, I haven’t tried pixsy but have tried a few other ‘load ’em up’ type sites with images we have already identified multiple defendants for and they have come back with very few.

Cougar

What percentage do we take? That depends on how far we have to take it. Happy to discuss if you get in touch.

Yeah, I didn’t think it’d be that simple. You must have a pricing plan, unless you just make it up as you go along? What’s a typical commission from a successful case? 30%? 60%?

I’m asking because in my experience of “no-win, no fee” companies, the small print that they’re all so cagey about is that the other side of the coin is “yes-win, and we’ll take most of it.”

I may be doing you a disservice as I don’t know anything about your company, but I made a compensation claim a few years back and had a very nasty shock as to how little I got back from the claim after the fee for sending a couple of letters had come out. I think from memory their fee came out at about 40% of the entire award, and that didn’t even touch the legals, it was an out-of-court settlement. Strangely, it’s something that hadn’t even been mentioned until it was in the second half of the sentence that started “you’ve been awarded…”

If Dirtybird / anyone else is thinking of using a company with this sort of pricing model, my advice would be that you need to have that conversation right out of the gate before you agree to anything.

poly
    Free Member

Cougar, I would agree with you, but a bit like ParkingEye or other such companies there is some merit in enforcing your rights even if the financial return to you is low.

Cougar

Oh, you should enforce your rights of course. Point is that

a) those doing the enforcing should be up front about costs and

b) there may well be more cost-effective ways of doing the same thing.

MrSmith
    Free Member

from memory their fee came out at about 40% of the entire award, and that didn’t even touch the legals, it was an out-of-court settlement.

For your info a Gallery will take way more than that and a photographers agent will take 25% but be getting a lot more money for their time than somebody chasing people who don’t like to pay.
    Speaking as somebody in the industry I wouldn’t grumble at 40% especially when it’s not me doing the chasing.

CountZero

Footflap’s case is absolutely extraordinary – I’d be up there with a pipe bomb.

Or spraybomb; several rattle cans of a nice lurid colour and a few minutes work on the image area, nothing neat, just a nice crude spraybomb job to make it look really nasty. 😈

redthunder
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Finding your photos on other websites / using RB Copyright or similar?’ is closed to new replies.