Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Finding out what a bike thief's punishment was
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

In December I caught a bloke trying to steal my bike at work. He had cut the lock off and was trying to ride away – so caught red handed actually.

I got a letter from the magistrates court in Battersea today to say that they had awarded me £20 compensation (wow!), but I would be interested to learn what his punishment was. Anyone know if this information can be looked at online? It is in the public domain isn't it?

project
    Free Member

The thief has rights,data protection and all that……………………….

Jamie
    Free Member

I would be interested to learn what his punishment was.

To pay you £20 probably.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

To pay you £20 probably.

Well, that was what I was wondering.

The lock cost over twice the compensation to replace.

soobalias
    Free Member

then you need to take civil action against the theif for the lock cost.

call your solicitor, they will sort it all out for you.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I have a solicitor standing by. He's rubbing his hands together at the thought of the hourly charge.

thehustler
    Free Member

pretty sure if you know what court and what date the hearing was trial reults are public record

trail_rat
    Free Member

the theif that stole my bike got reported to the childrens panel …. that was it … they then decided punishment wouldnt do any good …. leave i have the bike back

clownshoes

tinribz
    Free Member

They name and shame people done for stuff in the papers all the time.

Try on here:

http://www.thelawpages.com/

binners

They probably sentanced him to a 3 weeek safari in Africa. Or a week on a beach or something. The poor ickle lamb. Being driven, entirely through circumstance, to nick your bike. After all. You were rubbing his nose in it by owning it, werent you? You bastard!!!!

TenMen
    Free Member

Ring the court and they'll tell you

ton

did you not give him a good hiding when you caught him.
    his punishment would have been swift and sharp if i had caught him pinching my bike……….. 😀

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Cheers people. Tried the lawpages link but the search didn't yield anything.

I have to ring the court anyway because they have asked me to fill in a non existent form to get my £20 compo so I'll ask then.

binners

You do realise you'll be getting it at 50p a month for the next few years? Which they'll take out of his benefits, which ironically… your paying for with your taxes

I sometimes feel I may be becoming too cynical

MrNutt
    Free Member

coddling grinder?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

You do realise you'll be getting it at 50p a month for the next few years? Which they'll take out of his benefits, which ironically… your paying for with your taxes
    I sometimes feel I may be becoming too cynical

You're right, so what should I do? Turn the £20 down? 🙄

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Finding out what a bike thief's punishment was’ is closed to new replies.