Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Finding out the age of Rockshox forks
  • dan1980
    Free Member

I’m guessing cutting the lower leg in half and counting the rings won’t work, so is there a simple way of establishing how old my forks are?

I’ve 2 pairs of revelations, and am pretty sure I know how old one pair is (as I bought them!) The 2nd pair came on a 2nd hand bike I purchased, and I have no idea what kit I need to give them a service.

One set is a “Revelation Team U turn” 120-150mm, which I think is of ’10 vintage:

The other set is labled “426” and measures 140mm:

hughjayteens
    Free Member

From vague memory there is a serial number under the crown which has a year on it 08XXXXXXX etc

dan1980
    Free Member

Cheers, will have a look.

I don’t recall seeing anything on the white forks though (Which I installed)

nbt

I seem to recall a date stamp circle on my revelations, like this

the lower ones look to be around a 2006 vintage

RustyMac

Your second pic – of the black forks look like a pair i have.

They are 2007/2008 Rock Shox Revelation 426’s
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13120

I have the dual air version as above but they also came in U-Turn and Air U-Turn. My ones have 130mm travel

[edit] Think you are spot on with 2010 for teh white ones too, pretty sure that was the first year they did the power bulge legs and the stickers on my 2011 ones are totally different [/edit]

dan1980
    Free Member

That’s great, thanks for all the help

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I have some 2006 Revs that look just like your black ones so they are not necessarily 2007/2008s!

RustyMac

more research shows they ran that model for a few years 06,07,08

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/forks-suspension/product/review-rockshox-revelation-426-dual-air-10169

32mm kit for servicing and guid should be on the sram site.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Finding out the age of Rockshox forks’ is closed to new replies.