Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Finding out about someone discretely
  • Cougar

Have you had your answer? Shall I delete your vouch account now, then?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

It might be worth considering that this person lies

– because they have very low self esteem and can’t cope otherwise
    – because they are very unhappy about home life, so make up something in desperation as they are upset about or are ashamed of the truth
    – have some form of mental illness

All of the above reasons mean tread very carefully. You could do all sorts of very serious damage before you realise fully what the personal consequences might be to the manager.

If you are worried about work issues, make sure you all keep a diary of any work based details, facts or figures that may be questioned later. Note I say work based, not about private issues.

I used to work with someone who claimed a very bizarre private life and had been employed on the understanding he was a barrister (none of our management bothered to check this). He was asked to leave in the end when it became clear he had no qualifications and no clue either. His stories were unintentionally amusing. Our bosses got what they deserved for slack reference take ups. The guy, pretty harmless as a human being, lived in a life that was sad and pretty much a train wreck. Sometimes pity is worth a try…

antigee

She has a very minimal Facebook presence

(now he) …quite a cause for concern I’d have thought, what about Twitter or Strava?

franksinatra

I’m going with undercover type person with a poor cover story.

natrix
    Free Member
    petersnell
    Free Member

This is a weird thread even for stw, either leave him to it and laugh at his bullsh#t or counter with some more unbelievable stories of your own.
    Anyway must dash as I’m off on a training ride with Shaun Palmer as he’s looking a bit tubby…..

jfletch
    Free Member

Simple way to sort this out.

Get him to bring the baby into the office.

I.e. Get on the front foot with his lies. Every time he tells you some yarn be really interested in it. So if he tells you about running tell him that you are thinking of starting running and maybe you should start a running club in the morning so you could go together. if its the baby keep asking about it, “has it done this yet? etc”. Just be really up front and friendly about it.

Either he will have to some clean or he will weave a deeper and deeper web of lies that will eventually unravel spectactularly.

It’s quite possible he wants to come clean as telling lies like that all of the time is exhausting.

iolo
    Free Member

I READ A BIT AND REALIZED THE OP IS WEIRD.
    NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR BOSS: APART FROM YOU:
    KEEP GOING YOU WILL BE IN PRISON !!!!!!!

mudshark
    Free Member

I really want to see this play out to the bitter end! Explore his recycling bin.

martib

I wouldn’t worry about it, I have met & worked with some Billy 2 Sh!ts (Can spot them a mile off). I go to work, think how sad and lonely their lives must be, to have to live a lie, go home and get on with MY life 😉

brooess
    Free Member

My observations of the people who have to work with psychopaths is that the psycho’s manipulations and lies are so shocking and damaging, that people do get very (passively) angry with them, and become rather obsessed about trying to uncover them… seeing them get away with ruining other people’s opportunities to progress at work can be hard to take…

However, getting that emotionally involved gets you nowhere. Leaving the organisation and getting out of their sphere of influence is your best action OP.

wwaswas

I really want to see this play out to the bitter end!

Let’s hope the OP’s boss doesn’t come on here because working out who it is took about 2 minutes.

tomhoward

Perfect coincidence that this was left on a colleagues car last night….

OP, let me know if you need the number 😉

image (2) by tomhoward379, on Flickr

aracer
    Free Member

I think you might be living with the results of Steve Jobs’ thinking…

edhornby

Has no one took the mickey out of the spelling mistake in the title? A single investigation if its ‘discrete’ should be on the quiet, ‘discreet’

matther01
    Free Member

Either the boss or the OP needs to see a shrink IMO 😉

tomhoward

*taken

chip
    Free Member

Honey trap ,

Middle aged married man tries to cop off with fit women who looks at him with **** me eyes and laughs at his jokes .

Money for old rope.

KennySenior
    Free Member

hoonoose – have your desk cleared by 0915 tomorrow morning – you’re fired. If you’re still there at 0930 I’ll be giving my SAS mates a ring to sort you out.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Finding out about someone discretely’ is closed to new replies.