Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)
  • Finding out about someone discretely
  • RustySpanner

Arthur, surely?

theotherjonv

Ken Mackenzie?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGDKTTNXH2w[/video]

binners

dannyh
    Free Member

Ah yes, the ‘elevenerife’.

We’ve got a woman at work who just loves to pipe up. Most of the one-sided conversations start with “No, the best one was………….”

According to her, her husband ran the London marathon in a time that wouldn’t shame a top Kenyan runner. All by basically giving up the booze for a month beforehand and little else.

My standard thought nowadays is just “give the husband a **** medal, because if I had to put up with that, I’d be running a marathon just for a few hours peace”.

It just provides amusement now, really.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Did he tell you his parents died in a fire at a Sea Parks?
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_BKKnHgas

Cougar

Edit: how’s the dehumidifier doing by the way?

Still going strong, thank you. I thought you were being incognito? (-:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I think some people are just wired that way. I’ve known a couple of lads over the years who were serial bullshitters, pure and simple.

Hell yeah.
    I used to work with a lad like that, and literally in the first week I knew him I laughed in his face and told him he was bullshitting. He backtracked a bit and got embarrassed.
    Thing was, he was a cool guy with a lot going for him, I liked him. But the bullshitting never stopped. He didn’t need to do it though, he was better than the BS, and that’s the sad part.

matt_outandabout

brooess
    Free Member

According to her, her husband ran the London marathon in a time that wouldn’t shame a top Kenyan runner. All by basically giving up the booze for a month beforehand and little else.

Steve Way?

allthepies
    Free Member

Ask him what colour is the boathouse at <insert public school here>.

That’ll get ’em!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

So your boss is a gobshite – welcome to the big bad world.

hoonose
    Free Member

huckleberry it’s got close to that level at times!

On a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPIC, just out of curiosity and hypothetically speaking… Imagine your (supposed) wife gave birth to your first child two weeks ago today and you returned to work as a teacher (hypothetically that is) today after the summer break, not taking paternity leave, how tired do you think you would look? Very or not at all? If you were awake at 4 am this morning would you have gone for a run?? Would you then be heading off to the gym after work? Would you be telling everyone around you how great your baby is and showing them pics on your phone or would you give only the briefest details when directly asked about the baby? When pressed further would you show a colleague one blurry photo of the baby on its own or several? I’m just wondering like.

wilburt
    Free Member

Stalking your boss, what a knob.

The guy is probably telling you all sorts of crap for fun, that’s what I would do before I fired you.

binners

I’ve fathered hundreds of children, all over the world, and I always look fresh and sprightly, as I never bother with any of them

Having said that, I’d never go to the gym after work either

Does that help?

dannyh
    Free Member

Hmmmm. I’m also beginning to suspect that the object of the OP’s suspicion is not the one with the real problems………….

😕

hoonose
    Free Member

He’d have to fire everyone then

bullheart
    Free Member

We had a baby two weeks ago; I’m an AHT and went back to school today, and I’ve been getting no sleep either.

Are you one of my admin team? If so, where’s all my sodding SIMS data I requested? Lazy bugger…

maxtorque

You have 3 options:

1) leave your job if you hate it so much

2) Suck it up, and get on with your job

3) Man up and confront him/her.

choices, choices, choices 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m just wondering like.

You sound very weird.

hoonose
    Free Member

No bullheart, I don’t work with you! Have you got the energy or time to willingly partake of exercise at the moment?

bullheart
    Free Member

SSUK on Saturday. Driving up from Kent, riding, then going home.

I am one of lifes idiots though; not a bullshitter…

jam-bo

Is he called Matt? Sounds awesome.

Although when my BIL and wife had a baby she did absolutely everything. He was getting 10hrs s night sleep. Every night.

dannyh
    Free Member

SSUK on Saturday. Driving up from Kent, riding, then going home.

I am one of lifes idiots though; not a bullshitter…

That’s not going to be good enough for the OP, you know. He’s probably sifting through your posting history right now.

hoonose
    Free Member

I don’t need to sift, I know bullheart’s new heart is doing him proud. Good effort!

bullheart
    Free Member

All he’ll find are a variety of old-school gumble subscriptions…

Northwind

I’ll stalk her for £500, or kill her for £1000

totalshell

used to work with a guy who really fancied himself as a boxer.. no one saw or heard independently that he could but every day all we got was.. i trained with him went two rounds with him.. until one day some one turned round and said.. tell us that one about the spaceman again.. he never told another tall story..

it was all fluff and harmless didnt impact on his or our work but it was just annoying in the end..

deepreddave
    Free Member

I can understand the desire to know establish if it’s BS or not but IME the best plan is to find it amusing and try to trump them and see them raise their story to the scale of utterly preposterous. Seriously, it’s quite enjoyably challenging and you remain above it all (outwardly anyway).

dannyh
    Free Member

I used to play cricket with a bloke who was in the army. He was forever giving it large about all sorts of stuff. He arrived at one game kitted out head to toe with brand spanking new Gray Nicholls gear. He went on about how he’d got it all free with sponsorship for playing for the army. The only problem was he hadn’t realised that one of the opposition that day was the shop owner who he’d bought it all from two days before.

He had a bit of a tough time from the rest of the team for a few weeks after that 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OP, what’s your budget?

jamj1974

I honestly don’t know why this is bothering you OP… Also the whole investigation is really creepy if nothing else. He will be caught out if he is lying in the end.

hels
    Free Member

In one way he sounds like a sad lonely fantasist – but have you considered he may really be a deep cover agent for the Mossad ? I would get MI5 on the alert immediately. Is there a black van parked outside your office all the time ?

On the other hand – faking a baby to get free time off work – hats off to the gentleman. I would try it, but I’m a girl so may have to produce a live baby at some point. Binners, can I borrow one of yours for a day ? I will return it clean and ironed.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqwDoMqyWxw[/video]

…although not entirely sure if ‘Colin Hunt’ is the stalker or ‘stalkee’ in this case

nealglover
    Free Member

There was a guy at work years ago who used to say things about being in the army, but would then say that he couldn’t talk about it when asked questions.

Everyone gave him stick for it, and he had various nicknames for bullshitting etc etc.

He left for another job, and six months later we were sat in the van at lunchtime, and we saw a picture of him outside court in the paper. Full details of how he was a sniper in Bosnia, the awards and stuff he’d got while serving etc etc.

We’d all presumed he was full of shit, but as it was he was playing it down all that time!

And the mind boggling thing was, he was in court for beating the shit out of his dad (who’d left when he was fairly young, but stayed in touch) when he found out that his dad had lied to him all his life, and he was actually a long distance wagon driver, and not in the Army as he’d always told him.

I’ve not thought about that for probably 15 years, and even writing it down it sounds ridiculous.

True story though.

hels
    Free Member

All stories on the internetz is true !

pictonroad

We had one at work. Would lie about EVERYTHING. Even stupid stuff like how much petrol he put in the car.

Thing was, he was good looking, sporty, had a great kid and he’d married an absolute honey with a loaded Father. It made no sense. It’s penniless half wits like me that should be making stuff up.

OP should def look into his boss, why not, good to have a project.

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’m thinking that the OP could be hora? Didn’t he do a thread a year or so back trying to find a woman from Huddersfield or somewhere?!

The boss definitely sounds like Surfmatt.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Thing was, he was good looking, sporty, had a great kid and he’d married an absolute honey with a loaded Father. It made no sense

🙂

hoonose
    Free Member

I am most definitely not hora.
    I am not a big hitter in any way.
    And I’m not actually a stalker either. Yet 😉

kevj
    Free Member

hoonose – Member
    I can see the ‘none of my business’ point of view,but how would you feel if you felt you were being fed more and more BS by your boss, when you work in the same small office space, day after day?

Tell me his name and I’ll find out everything you want to know.

Sorry, but I call wind up and he has plenty of bites over three pages of posts.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Finding out about someone discretely’ is closed to new replies.