Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Finding myself strangely drawn to a Tranny…
  • Daffy

…An Ibis Tranny that is.

Does anyone have one? Can I get it it Guinness Foam

ton

got a nice one i stifED

Daffy

THEY DO?! Damn….that’s too close for comfort, I may have to move.

What colour was it? No! don’t tell me.

ourmaninthenorth

Not sure about the position where the seat stays join the seat tub. And I don’t like the bike plates for dropouts.

Otherwise, very nice.

Daffy

2.75lbs though! and will fit in the boot of even a Mini

thumbie
    Free Member

Don’t own one but tempted myself after the joys of the Mojo.

You must have a zillion bikes Daffy?

Hope you are well.

scaredypants

Saw one in a shop in US a while ago
    Frames look nicer hanging up than that does up there ^

my imaginary forum sig is:
    “…slamming into trannies since 1992”
    (followed by a list of all the bikes I’ve got, in really detailled spec – “barbie bell, 2003 pink pegasus special edition with Ti bolts & upgraded pinger” etc)

Daffy

Hey Thumbie (Matt?)

Just the four bikes, I’m only allowed four plus the missus bike.

Felt a bit lethargic WRT biking recently, but my Mojo’s (not the bike) back and I’m raring to go.

How about you?

Scaredypants – You’re not helping, but keep talking

scaredypants

sorry, just seems to me that hardly anyone will use the “split” feature often enough to make it useful. other than that, it’s just a decent hardtail IMO.

frame seemed v well made though, as yo7u might expect

Scaredypants
    … blowing seals since 1745

***Apollo Throbber resprayed with a black to dark grey flip – alternating blue & purple led’s on the BB/chainstays and uprated pinger: PIIIMP !!***

avdave2

Me too. My first thought was I hope they do that in Guiness Foam but I think its orange green or plain carbon. It appeals to me as It’s the perfect frame to run with deraileurs, with a hub or singlespeed if you were so inclined.Shame about the dollar exchange rate. As for the split rear end not being used, you’d be using it if you run a hub or singlespeed, even if not actually dismantalling it. And if the exchange rate improves and you happen to be in the States then a frame you can hide in your suitcase could be very useful.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Surely an ideal candidate for an Alfine/Rohloff-esque belt drive conversion?

avdave2

My initial thoughts captain. I’d have to get the Rohloff converted though as mine is V brake version. I also thought about the belt option but looking at the GIF’s on the Ibis web site the rear triangle is not split, so I don’t think the belt option is viable. A shame really to have missed that opportunity on such a versatile frame. I suppose there could be an alternative rear triangle available in the future that could make the belt option viable. It certainly something that appeals to me as a hub user.

thumbie
    Free Member

Daffy my friend….snap….4 myself, then the missus plus the kids 🙂

It’s a 50/50 split with a XC HT & FS, then 2 for the Road…..

Hope all is well mate & glad the biking mojo has returned.

Matt

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Finding myself strangely drawn to a Tranny…’ is closed to new replies.